cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to delete file after processing FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Failed to delete file after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.ai i.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply code *.txt: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

I got this error many times for the same interface. Not sure what is the reason for this.

Searched on internet go comments that this is because of FTP version!

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe the file is being polled by some adapter adapter ?

change the folder to a new one and test the process once more - this way you will be 100% sure that no other process is using it

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

msecs to wait for the config that needs to be done.

The file was still being written on the FTP when PI tried to process the file.

Thanks all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your input.

Can you please let me know where do i configure msecs to wait in the sender communication channel.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Lalit

Click on Advanced Tab, then again Select " Advanced " mode, then you will see that option

Regards

Harish

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configure it on the Advanced tab page of your Sender File Adapter. See here for further details if required:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

The access are all granted.

The file was reprossed in the retry attempt... But why it failed at first

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Before Modification Check parameter on the Advanced tab page to make sure PI checks if the file is not still being created." How do i ensure this?

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" in the Sender Adapter that ensures this. It works like this: PI starts processing, finds a file, then waits the number of miliseconds specified and checks the file again to see if it has changed over the waiting period. If so, then it waits again to make sure the file is written completely. Only if no changes took place over the waiting period, it starts processing the file.

And the fact that your file was successfully processed at retry only confirms that it might have been still written to by the sender system. You can try comparing file's creation timestamp (in OS level) with its processing start time in PI - this could prove me right.

Edited by: Grzegorz Glowacki on Jan 13, 2012 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Sometime error message does not explain the real reason... So check also with your admin if authorizations on your source folder (including its parent folder) are correct, because maybe rights are limited to read / write and not to delete... which is used when we archive a source file (archive=copy+delete).

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using permanent connection.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also make sure that the file is not still being written by the sender system when you start processing it in PI. Set the Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check parameter on the Advanced tab page to make sure PI checks if the file is not still being created.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is already in production. And no other interface is polling with this name to the FTP.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using connection mode Per File Transfer or permamently ?

if one you can try with the other one

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk