Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a basic doubt.

We can have message server port of our choice.Now the question is whether we can block the dispatcher ports and just allow message server port for the users to login. Users get the info from message server about the server info but will it use dispatcher port thats my doubt.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

GUI users initially connect to the message server (on the sapmsSID port) if their SAPLOGON entry refers to a logon group rather than to a specific server. However, once the message server has selected an instance based on its load-balancing stats and connected the GUI session to that instance, all communication between the GUI and the application server flows via the dispatcher port (sapdp##); the message server does not intervene in this. It follows that the dispatcher ports cannot be blocked to end users.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

As always your explanation simply good.I got the point now.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not block dispatcher port.otherwise how users will login to dialog instance internally?

If i remember the connection flow,user request from SAP GUI first comes to message server then message server check which dialog insatance is comparatively free and depending on that it dispatch request to that particular dispatcher.

Dispatcher dispatches requests to the Work Processes. If all work processes are busy at the moment, the requests are queued in the dispatcher-Queue.

We give message server port for load balancing and Disp port for direct logon.

Hope it clarifies for you.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambarish,

Your query is not clear. Can you please brief about your requirement.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Users has to connect Msg Server and MSG server in turn directs the call to dispatcher.

I guess, you have HA system and want to provide users with message server host name instead of app server ? if yes, then you can give MSG server host name to users. However, wherever the MSG server host lies between both nodes, users connect to that particular server , because load balancing needs login group created in SMLG and rz12.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was not my question.My question is that can we block the dispatcher ports and end users can login via message server only.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Thats what I said, in first point. User's cannot connect to Dispatcher port directly, they have to connect to Dispatcher only via Message server.

What you mean by blocking Dispatcher ports to Users ? User's cannot connect to Dispatcher directly.

Refer to basic concepts of R/3 Components

http://basissap.blogspot.com/2008/05/components-of-r3-architecture.html

Regards,

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun Venkateswarlu. on Jan 13, 2012 6:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambarish,

Users should only login to system through message server. Where do you use dispatcher port to login? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just wanted to add one point here.We can give disptcher port for direct login from Portal to Backend ABAP system and i have also done it in past as message server was giving some connection issue while load balancing, SAPMSSY6 program errors.

While you are using wizard to create backend connection in Portol to ABAP backend system,in the connection parameter if you specify "Dialog Service (dispatcher port): sapdp00 3200/TC"(Called dedicated connection) information instead of message server info 36<nn>(Called load balancing connection), it directly goto dispatcher.

But you can not block dispatcher port.if that is your question.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: Ashutosh.Pandey on Jan 13, 2012 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arjun,

I think i am aware about the basic R/3 components.My question has been answered by Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

If you dont use logon group and direct login into the app server then you are using the dispatcher port.