cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit - use current convertion rate (possible?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning all!!

I need help with something regarding sales credit value.

There are situations where the customer has a credit limit configured in one currency (lets say dollar) and has it´s sales invoices in another (lets say euro).

If I create an invoice today for a customer configured like mentioned above, SAP uses the credit value from the invoice date (in the past). This is the normal behavior and I will try to explain in a sample bellow:

01/01 - Invoice 00001 - Value: 100 euros (credit: 75 dollars) - converted using conversion rate from 01/01

02/01 - Invoice 00002 - Value: 100 euros (credit: 80 dollars) - converted using conversion rate from 02/01

The credit limit compromised by invoices is: 155 dollars (75+85). It adds up the value in dollars from the date 01/01 and 02/01 - the date when the invoice was created.

Lets say today (13/01) the conversion rate is very vey high, like 1 euro = 4 dollars; I would like SAP to recalculate the value in Euro from invoices 00001 and 00002, so the new credit limit compromised by invoices would be 800 dollars.

Is there any way I can make SAP recaculate the old invoice values, converting its values in credit management for the current conversion rate (and not the old one)?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below link explained by Mr.G. Lakshmipathi

[Re: Exchange rate type|]

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering but what I would like is the recalculation of the fields in "Status" tab in transaction FD33.

I understand these values are calculated based on currency exchange rates made at invoice creation date, but what I wonder is if these values can change on each new invoice creation, recalculating them for the current currency exchange rate.

Thanks again!

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my Knowledge credit Mgmt is applicable for Payer and also Invoice both are link

If you done any changes in the Invoice level its will update automatically in Credit Mgmt

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you!

But what you are saying is that I would have to update all previous invoices for obtain the goal I´m looking for, right?

And if this is possible, how to update them ONLY for Credit purpose and not for Accounting?

Thank you!

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Your requirement seesm to be pretty unique.

Firstly you will have to look at the specific functionality which links the value in a sales document (sales order or invoice) to the credit limit of the customer.

This is done by the Update field maintained in the Credit Control Area that has been assigned to the Compnay Code of the customer.

The currency that is maintained in the Credit Control are is the currency that is used to update in FD33.

Request you to check this.

Thanks and regards,

J Nagesh