cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple CVC Creation using Text file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in SCM 4.1

I looked for the options to do 13K CVC creation activity in API directly using a local file uploaded from PC. I tried in test system first. (I did not deleted the existing CVCs first)

1. Saved the Excel sheet with CVC values (in columns exactly as they appear in APO) as u201Ctxtu201D (Text Tab Delimited) file on computer.

2. Selected the option u201CGenerate Immediatelyu201D and then Load From u201CFileu201D > Local PC and provide file path.

3. Execute.

But it gave the following prompt:

"No new characteristics combinations were loaded"

Did it happen because I didn't delete old CVCs? I don't think so because it could have created duplicate CVCs - plz confirm.

Also, do we need a header row with titles of columns? I deleted this column but got the same result.

Do we need to input data in any particular format? E.g. in the following columns, is some column where I could have input data in incorrect format, and hence getting this error?

Source sys Locations Product BU Country Ch Destinatio Formulatio Lead AI Fa Product Co Reporting

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K Rah,

Your issue is not very clear.

Did you try to create the same CVCs which already existed in the system?

For checking whether the data is getting selected from .txt file or not, select the option "load to worklist".

You will come to know immediately if data is being picked from text file or not. Try with 2-3 CVCs in text file for an initial test.

Duplicate CVCs can't be created by system. It creates inconsistencies. There are sometimes issues where data gets corrupted and you could get duplicate CVCs, and in such cases you need to delete duplicate CVCs. Only for your information.

Make a note of the following: you would have maintained data in excel. Then you would have selected the option to save as tab delimited text file. System would have asked you to save only the active sheet, select ok. Then system would further ask you to verify if you want data to be saved in the current format. Select yes.

IMP: Now, when you would close the file now, system would ask you to save the .txt file. Select NO.

Now try with this file to upload data, and use the option "load to worklist" for an immediate check.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Yes, the set of CVCs I tried to create might have some codes for which CVCs already exist. My understanding is that APO won't create duplicate CVCs for these codes; but it will also not cause other codes to fail because of these duplicate codes. Is it correct?

While loading the text file, I did save the excel sheet in tab delimited as you describe above. A colleage tells that data needs to be in a particular format in the excel sheet/text file. Can you suggest some reference to know the data format (like how many digits or how many prefix 0s) for each column of this CVC file?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the MPOS, go to "display CVCs" or directly display CVCs through /sapapo/mc62.

There is an option of "internal format" by clicking a button on the top. See how the data looks in this format.

If your data in excel matches this format, then you should be able to create the CVCs with your excel file.

Also, we need to check if there is issue with the data itself or some issue with the pulling of data from file.

See if you can create some of the CVCs from the file directly in MC62. If you are able to, that would mean that there is some issue in pulling the data from the excel file. It could be a SAPGUI issue also.

Let me know the results of these checks.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton. I think it is resolved.

Answers (0)