Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded file from SAP to excel 2007(*.xlsx, *.xlsm) - unable to open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am downloading a data from SAP to excel(*.xlsx) format. I am able to conver/download the file in *.xlsx format, but if try to open the downloaded excel file, it gives teh error message 'Excel cannot open the file 'filename.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file'. with a OK button. When I press the OK button, no data is displayed.

So kindly let me know how to download the file from SAP to *.xlsx format without any errors.

Note: I am able to download the data in *.xls format without any erros.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2

former_member150968
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to transaction DC30 and check what extension is maintained in the suffix field for excel file. You can only download to the suffix which is maintaied. This is SAP behaviour, not because of your coding.

Regards,

Manish Sethia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are probably not being able to open the file of .XLSX format because you do not have Microsoft Office 2007 installed on your system. You might be having a lower version of Microsoft Office. e.g. 2003.

What you can do is, before opening the .XLSX file directly on a system which does not have Microsoft Office 2007, you can convert it into .XLS format and then open the same.

See the below code.

CALL METHOD CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>FILE_COPY
  EXPORTING
    SOURCE               = 'C:\Users\Danish\Desktop\test1.xlsx'
    DESTINATION          = 'C:\Users\Danish\Desktop\test2.xls'
  EXCEPTIONS
    CNTL_ERROR           = 1
    ERROR_NO_GUI         = 2
    WRONG_PARAMETER      = 3
    DISK_FULL            = 4
    ACCESS_DENIED        = 5
    FILE_NOT_FOUND       = 6
    DESTINATION_EXISTS   = 7
    UNKNOWN_ERROR        = 8
    PATH_NOT_FOUND       = 9
    DISK_WRITE_PROTECT   = 10
    DRIVE_NOT_READY      = 11
    NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_GUI = 12
    OTHERS               = 13.
IF SY-SUBRC NE 0.
  MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO
             WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.
ENDIF.

Regards,

Danish