cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting on Sub-Item level in billing in case of a Sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I m facing a query, this is a case of a Sales BOM where the main item's value is processed in the Sales Order and is carried forward to Billing here Main item is a Set of sub items which are finished goods itself and can be sold indivisually, so the main item being a set, is a non stock item.

Document Value is picked from the main item 'Set' and is carried forward to the billing document. Now in the billing document, i want that my accounting should be done on the value of the sub-items and not the main item which is the document value.

Can we do it anyway? through standard process or enhancements?

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to activate pricing on item category of the subitems (transaction VOV7) and deactivate the pricing on the main item condition type. Then you need to maintain the base price (standard condition type PR00) and discount condition types in VK11 on the subitems materials instead on the main item material as you do it now. Do not forget to assign correct incompletion procedures to the item categories e.g. not to require base price for the item category of the main item.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is exactly what i was suggesting. but by doing this we will have to give the Discount on every sub item so that it contributes to the header total which should be equal to the price or total value of the main item. Problem here is my client doesnt want discount to be applied. so can we do invoicing on main item level and accounting on sub-item or component level.

Regards

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you should know it is the system behaviour such that if any amount is to be posted to FI, the corresponding condition types should not have been set to Statistical in pricing procedure. How this is in your case ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case everything is fine from pricing procedure no PR00 is statistical, problem is that the invoice document value should show the value of set or the main item while FI should be done on the values of the sub items or components.

Regards

Prashant