cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing 'Vault without DVA' for checkin/checkout of orignials via RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

who can help to customize the vault for checkin/checkout from documents. In the SAP Help is written that when 'saving original application file to a vault, the system assigns a new file name that is invisible'!? Do I have to map this path in general in the AL11?

So far I got a folder on our server for storing the original files:

-
10.XXX.XXX.XXX\ie5$ respectively 10.XXX.XXX.XXX\d\IE5_Share

The checkin/checkout shall takeing place by NON-SAP system via web services and therefore I would use 'Vault without DVA'

For that case, what do I have to write in the cutomizing -> Define document types:

- Define data carrier type vault

- Define mount points / logical drive

I already tried a lot but no success, I always get the error 'File XXX could not be accessed'.

And still one last question, does the BAPIs 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTMODIFY2' as well as 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2' work when calling them by a NON-SAP system via web services!? Both try to call FUNCTION 'RFC_PING'

DESTINATION 'SAPGUI' within function CV120_FTP_START_REG_SERVER!

In general, can SAP handle this issues regarding web services with 'Vault without DVA'?

Thanks for any usefull help and regards,

Jens

Edited by: Jens Griesinger on Jan 13, 2012 10:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

You will need to customize the following

1) Define data carrier type "vault"

2) Define Valut

- Define data carrier name

- Data carrier type ( from step 1 )

- Vault path ( Path where files should be stored )

If you do not want to use DVA , then you need a mount from the application server to the vault.

This setting is done in work step Define data carrier -> Define mount points / logical drives

Here in the "Prefix Column" you need to specify the path

If you always use one directory on this data carrier, you can add this directory to the path (for example, s:\cad\data).

Apart from above settings you need to customize document types.

Regards,

DeepaK Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DeepaK,

thanks for replying. So far, i could customize the path handling. Now I am still do not know if the checkin/checkout is possible via web services or do I need SAPFTP in addition???

Regards,

Jens

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Vault operations work using FTP . Hence you will be required to use SAPFTP for checkin/checkout operations.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DeepaK,

I thought that I could handle the file transfer without using SAPFTP. Could you also tell me where do I have to install SAPFTP either on client pc or application server or is it equal!? What do I have to install as minium requirement?

Thanks and regards,

Jens

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

In SAP ECC system there should be an RFC connection already available vi SAPFTP and SAPFTPA. You can try to make use of the same.

Regards,

Deepak Kori