Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set background image to WDJ ivew

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a WD java application which can display a report with its background image as water mark image. Is this possible in Webdynpro java.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A web dynpro application cannot have a background image.

When run from a portal, you can try and perform some low-level CSS altering upon loading the iView, but out of the box it's simply not possible

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin for you quick response. But do u have any kind of reference document regarding CSS editing of Iview.

Can you help me somehow, coz this is primary requirement of my client? Please.

Thanks

Uday

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think documentation exist...

However, what you need to do is -- in high-level overview -- write a javascript method which will hook into the window.onload event.

In that method, you need to reference your particular web-dynpro element, either by name or id -- this involves some heavy html-source code reading/deducting of the rendered portal page HTML.

After you have identified the html element which makes up your particular WDJ frame (could be a div, td, etc. element) you use standard dhtml to alter the style of that element so it displays the image as a background.

The above is very time-consuming to develop, an absolutely non-standard/non-supported approach, and simply changing the layout of your portal page may break the functionality of your carefully, tediously crafted CSS hack. But, if your willing to put in some significant work, it can certainly be done.

Hope this explains,

Robin

Edited by: Robin van het Hof on Jan 13, 2012 12:16 PM

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin for your valuable guidance. I will try to follow your suggestions. However, i am not closing this thread because I am still waiting for some kind of tutorial or code from someone else.

In the meantime if you know anything, please let me know.

Thanks

Uday

Answers (0)