cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Sales?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our Sales department is getting the error "A/c Determination for entry HPL GBB 0001 ____ 7920 not possible".

They have scrapped out the goods lost in transit and then they want to add them in stock, that what i belive not sure.

Could you plz tell me what is the account determination key that needs to be used here as they want to reverse the FG consumption a/c.

Also, user has done the entry,

Loss in transit a/c DR

consumption a/c CR

1) Can he reverse it or not, if yes then how

2) If not, then plz tell me why not what is the reason.

Please suggest it is very urgent...

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Kansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the goods are lost in transit then we have to take the goods as returned directly into scrap storage location.

In this case you can take the goods into scrap inventory using the G/L's mentioned in OBYC.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot to both Prakash and Saju...

But, What I think is that person is trying to make the reverse entry in the stock for the goods that have been lost in transit.

1) Can a SD person do that?

As he is trying something unusual for sure and I am unable to grab the more information on it so asking Is User is doing the correct thing by adding the goods lost in transit to FG stock account by reversing it...

Please throgh some light on it as I don;t know this process....

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Nitin

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, from SD point of view, we can book/scrap the goods damage in delivery.

Provide this a frequent affair in your client business process. Say, in cement industry, damage in transit is evident probability.

Kindly refer following SDN thread, where G. Lakshmipathi sir had mention about the process step involved in damages in transit

from SD point of view:

-

In addition to that movement type, say, 651 which you will be using scraping the goods will play a vital role in inventory management for the same.

Whatever be the case, entries in OBYC for generating account doc related to damage in transit in inevitable.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your quick and kind reply Prakash....

Thanks and Regards

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use TCode OMWD, check whether your valuation area (Plant) + Company Code + Chart of Account has proper Valuation group code.

If thats fine then use Tcode OBYC.

If may prompt for chart of account then provide HPL.

In transaction GBB, maintain following

Chart of Acc

Account Grp Code

Valuation Class

Gl acc

HPL

VAX

? (check with FI team member)

|HPL|VKA|7920| ? (check with FI team member) |

Regards

JP