cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot delete association as it is used in dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a node association (type = complete) between 2 DOs and activated. After that, i've decided to remove this node association, but failed. What happened is when i click on the node association row and click on "delete row", it complains that "cannot delete association as it is used in dependency". Any idea?

Thanks.

cheers,

jul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jul,

Can you describe the steps you are following in brief to delete the association ( like transaction, screen, button)

regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I will send the screen shots to you. Can you write an email to julius3419 at gmail.com. Thanks.

cheers,

jul

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please upload the document with screenshot which will be easier for us to support you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Here is the screen shot.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gqzbtfnnimhx33v

btw, another question that is related to your article, hope you can help.

Thanks.

cheers,

jul

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Did you create any dependency in any of the distribution model on MAS_ACTIVITY or ZMAS_AUTH_PERSON using this association. Can you clarify this once more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i didnt create any DM/dependency for the both DO. That's exactly what puzzling me.

Anything i should check?

Thanks.

cheers,

jul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jul,

first you should activate the object. This will set it to green. Then you need to open the details of this object and you will find a Distribution Rule. I know you say there is no Distribution rule, but trust us - you will find a line with this name. If you open it, check details of second tab - there is the dependency defined. Delete it. Activate the distribution model again (needs to be green) even if it is empty - and then you can delete this relation as well in the object.

It is a little complicated perhaps if you do it the first time, but if you think about it, it makes perfectly sense.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all have you created any distribution dependency between the two objects?

if so then you can delete it from sdoe_wb transaction, select the dependency and use delete button on the tool bar or right click on the dependency and then delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've created the node association between 2 objects, but not dependency. I was trying to delete the field mapping as well, but there is no delete button.

Anyway, where is the dependency usually located?

rohith_deraje
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Check your Distribution model(DM). If you have already deleted the dependeny, activate the DM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was no DM created when i first created the node association. So, there is no DM to be deleted. But i'm still no able to delete association. I dont know where else can i find the dependency.

juli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jultgh,

If you have created a dependency between the 2 objects using this association link then you cannot delete this association directly. You must first delete the dependency which will then allow you to delete the association.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OSS note was applied, so that's not the issue.

How do i delete the dependecy?

rohith_deraje
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you delete the dependency, please activate the DM. Then try deleting the association.

Regards

Rohith

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please apply this note - 1621783 and check. It should fix your issue.

Regards,

Mohan