Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Of Flies from Presentation server

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement where i want to get the list of files exist in folder present on presentation server from webdynpro component.

and also i want to know how can i get a list of files from application server (al11).

Thanks In Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could create a function module that calls function module EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING and get files in DIR_LIST, make sure to pass the directory name from al11 in DIR_NAME.

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romit Ghose,

thanx for your quick response it works for AL11. but i also need to get the list of files from local pc (e.g. c:\files\). can you help me regarding this.

Thanks In Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use method DIRECTORY_LIST_FILES of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES. This is a static public method so you can call it with out instantiating the class e.g. CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_LIST_FILES.

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav B.

i try it but its not working in webdynpro. if you have used it and have some sample code could you please share it.

Thanks In Advance.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

use method DIRECTORY_LIST_FILES of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES. This is a static public method so you can call it with out instantiating the class e.g. CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_LIST_FILES.

This is bad information. The CL_GUI_* classes can't be used from Web Dynpro.

They require a connection to the SAPGUI. Access to the client side within a browser is very limited. There is no control in Web Dynpro which will give you the file list you require. You can use ACFUpDownload. In 7.02 this control has a file dialog which can allow users to select a file(s). However it can't just return this list to the server.