cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP "One-Time" button rejects all quantity,if my route has a lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have activated transportation scheduling in our SAP environment. I have experienced below behavior in our system. Appreciate if you could let me whether it is the standard SAP behavior. If yes, what is the reason behind it?

From the material "ABC", I have only 100 quantity in stock. When I create a sales order for Sold to / ship to "XYZ", the route is determined with 20 days lead time in the sales order line item.

Scenario 1: Route is available in the SO/LI

If I enter sales order line item quantity as 150, and press the button "One-Time" from the ATP screen, all 150 is rejected with the rejection reason "J2"

Scenario 2: Manually delete the route in the SO/LI (NO route available)

Now if I enter sales order line item quantity as 150, and press the button "One-Time" from the ATP screen, only 50 is rejected with the rejection reason "J2", rest (100) is confirmed with the correct lead time.

Any idea why this behavior?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Rahal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahal,

This is standard SAP behavior for ATP "One-Time" button. See below my example.

Definition of this button is -> Picks first delivery date and rejects all others

Let's say from material "ABC" I have only 100 quantity available in stock. Route which get determined from customer "XYZ" has a transportation lead time of 5 days. My order quantity is 150, which is higher than the available quantity. (100)

If I create a sales order for my customer (Requested delivery date - 16/01/2012); the confirmed delivery date will be moved by 5 working days. Since the available stock is not sufficient to deliver the requested quantity, system gives the ATP popup screen.

Therefore system picks first delivery date (Requested delivery date -> 16/01/2012) in the line item. But ATP can't confirm on this date as lead time in the route (5) is higher than this. System needs at least requested delivery date as 23/01/2012 to confirm a single quantity. Therefore all quantity gets rejected.

Since system can't deliver a single quantity by the requested delivery date 16/01/2012 (As transportation lead time is 5 days and today's date is 13/01/2012), system rejects the full quantity with rejection reason "J2"

But if I put my requested delivery date as 23/01/2012 and press the "One-Time" ATP button, system confirms 100 for that date and rejects others. System first checks whether he can meet the requested delivery date even with the transportation scheduling. Since 23/01/2012 can be met with lead time in the route, 100 were confirmed and balance 50 gets rejected.

Hope this explains!

Best regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your detailed explanation! It clears all my doubts!

Best regards,

Rahal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge this is because of weight groups in transportation settings.

Please check Transportation->Basic transportation functions->Routes->Route determination->Maintain route determination->with and without weight group by giving your shipping point or customer.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Ramesh.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check the Below Menu Path's

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Availability Check>Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Default Settings

Check above menu path Did you maintain any settings for particular Sale Area "Check Date & Qty and Availability Checking Rule"

Check may be they assigned any value and TICK mark

How Route will be determined in Sale order level and Delivery level please check the below path

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Transportation>Basic Transportation Functions>Routes>Route Determination>Maintain Route Determination

If you want to change the route

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Transportation>Basic Transportation Functions>Routes>Route Determination>Define Allowed Actual Route By Proposed Route

Regards,

Prasanna