cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applets Error "No Data Available"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a weird issue, there is a report which works fine for me and have tested in few of my collegues PC it works fine. But for few guys in Germany the applets are not getting populated and says u201CNo Data Availableu201D and throws a "Missing delimiter" Error in Sun Java console.

Plants [ERROR] - com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-5016] (at 116): Missing delimiter: )Plants [ERROR] - Error loading datacom.sap.xmii.applet.common.ResultModelException: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-5016] (at 116): Missing delimiter: )                at com.sap.xmii.applet.common.BaseApplet.getResultModel(BaseApplet.java:1197)                at com.sap.xmii.applet.browser.BrowserApplet.loadData(BrowserApplet.java:243)                at com.sap.xmii.applet.browser.BrowserApplet.populate(BrowserApplet.java:197)                at com.sap.xmii.applet.browser.BrowserApplet.updateBrowser(BrowserApplet.java:181)                at com.sap.xmii.applet.browser.BrowserApplet.doRefresh(BrowserApplet.java:146)                at com.sap.xmii.applet.common.BaseApplet.refresh(BaseApplet.java:354)                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin.javascript.JSInvoke.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin.javascript.JSClassLoader.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.liveconnect.JavaClass$MethodInfo.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.liveconnect.JavaClass$MemberBundle.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.liveconnect.JavaClass.invoke0(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.liveconnect.JavaClass.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.main.client.LiveConnectSupport$PerAppletInfo$DefaultInvocationDelegate.invoke(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.main.client.LiveConnectSupport$PerAppletInfo$3.run(Unknown Source)                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)                at sun.plugin2.main.client.LiveConnectSupport$PerAppletInfo.doObjectOp(Unknown Source)                at sun.plugin2.main.client.LiveConnectSupport$PerAppletInfo$LiveConnectWorker.run(Unknown Source)                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We all use the same user credentials and same server to access the reports.

I have tried clearing the cache and cookies, Clearing sun java console, changing their browser language to EN from German.

My collegue has reached Germany yesterday, I asked him to try from his laptop and it works fine for him without any error.

System details : SAP MII 12.2.3 Build(95)

Java 1.6 Update 25

Require your help. Suggest if I am missing something.

Regards,

Pradeep D

Edited by: Pradeep Dwarakanath on Jan 13, 2012 7:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member331989
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly you must use CreationEvent for every applet. If all applet loaded sucessfully you can set parameters and call refresh method to get data.

Applet calling sequence is important also. Applet calling sequence must be determined by number of parameter and number of required applet to be called.

If sequence is ok.

You must call refresh() method again if No Data Available message ocurrs.

Other reasons.

- jre version

- dns problem

- ip fqdn line is missing in hosts file

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check if the users have proper roles to access the data from the database. Check for Reader Writer roles in the Query and Display template and compare it with the roles assigned to the users.

Regards,

GKC

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also see if the have a conflict with commas and decimal points. You could be having an issue there (seeing a delimiter error kind of points in that direction). See how the German users are configured in the database, NW, and their browser. There may be a conflict between one or more of the three.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

We found wat the issue was and we could simulate the issue by changing the windows/OS to locale u201CGermanyu201D from US.

It was the Number format that was causing this issue,

the document.iBrowser.getBrowserObject().getSelectedDatalinkValue() was returning "00000.00" in "US" Locale/RegionalSetting

where as it was returning "00000,00" (comma insted of a dot) in German Locale.

For now i have handled the same in JavaScript, and the reports are working fine in both locations.

But is there any generic setting that could be dont in the applet level?

Regards,

Pradeep D

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Since it involves three different application's configuration, I don't think there is a method by which it can be resolved with a single setting at the applet level. It is something which just has to be managed a little more carefully when moving from North American syntax to European. I will admit to being curious about how this difference evolved over into such a fundamental difference between the two formats.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)