cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sm59 remote logon issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I configured an sm59 connection from R/3 to BI7.

The 'test connection' is working.

However, in sm59, when i click the 'remote logon' button, instead of automatically login to the remote BI system, a logon screen appears.

Under the sm59 configuration, i have entered the right client number and the user ID and password, which is the user ID I use on the remote system.

Please advise whether special authorization is required for remote login.

I tried Aleremote also the same problem.

If a logon screen is prompted when doing a remote logon test, does it mean the configuration is having an issue ?

best regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Looks like the authentication issue. Please do "Authorization test".

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva

I used Aleremote of the BI system and entered the right password in the sm59 configuration screen in R/3.

I changed the aleremote user to dialog type in BI and was able to login in dialog mode to BI.

But when doing the remote logon from R/3, the logon screen was prompted. After 3 tries, the aleremote user id in BI is shown as locked due to incorrect logon attempts. Very strange because the password is correct and I have added sap_all in aleremote in BI.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you really use R/3 (and not ECC6) there are limits for passwords. If I remember well, passwords are sent in upper case and have a lower max length.

If you BI password contains lower case letters and/or is long that may be the explanation.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Olivier,

Your suggestion sounds very useful.

I will try and let you know.

Thank you sir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Please check as suggested by Oliver and let us know the results.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

before ERP 6.0, the maximum password lenght is 8 chars, if you have a password on the bi system that is larger is probably being sent truncated via the rfc from r/3.

best regards,

Ricardo Caramona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pascal,

Could you please let us know the user type of "ALEREMOTE"?

Regards,

Pranesh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva, Oliver, Ricardo, Pranesh

I have tried changing the password to 6 characters which is the min length set in BI.

I tried setting the user type to dialog , service and system.

The problem remains the same. I still get a repeat logon.

I did a Test RFC Connection for authorization and the error message is : "Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)"

My connection type is R/3 connection.

At the login prompt for repeat logon, I enter the same password and it allows me to logon to the BI.

Our R/3 was refreshed by production system and our Basis said he had done the BDLS in R/3.

Must we do a BDLS in BI too?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Have a good day.

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

If there is no System Copy on BI, then there is no need of BDLS in BI. However, please try below steps

1). You can set the password in numbers. if you run into this problem, definitely try the number idea for the password first - it will save you a ton of time.

2). Looks like a problem of downward incompatibility of passwords caused by lower- and UPPER-case characters.

This means that the higher release is expecting a case-sensitive password, but the lower one (and components in between) are converting the password to UPPER-CASE.

If the user is only used in this connection... set a password with all characters in UPPER-CASE in the BI system and test again.

In RZ11 check the parameter login/password_downwards_compatibility. You can instruct the higher system to evaluate a password sent by a lower release system, if the new hashing mechanism fails. So it uses both until all connecting systems are compatible.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arjun

thanks for your expert advice!!

You are spot on!

I tried with numbers and it works!

Case closed.

Best regards

Pascal

Answers (0)