Did you mean: 

Multiple ILot for a single order and batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm having problems with the generation of inspection lots. The set up is

Inspection type: 04

Early lot creation

Long term is ticked in MIC (if relevant)

When the production order is released i get an inspection lot which is ok.

The problem is during multiple GRs with the same order and batch, the system creates a new inspection lot.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you.

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the material master QM view for 04 inspection type "control inspection lot" field select - '2' An inspection lot for each material and batch

If you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection lot for each material and batch. This setting is only advisable for materials with a batch management requirement.

For more information click F1 on suggested field..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot select '2' An inspection lot for each material and batch, as i said I am in early lot creation for order item.

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For Such req.

Avoid making a usage decision for this type of early inspection lot before any goods receipts have been posted. The usage decision will then have a stock quantity of 0, but will not have the status completely credited. This means that any following goods receipts will be posted into the stock for this inspection lot. You must then credit this lot from the stock quantity yourself, even if you do not intend to perform further checks.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For early lot creation you should not make the UD until all GR's have been completed. If you read the help (F1) for the control inspection lot field, it will explain all this in the documentation.

FF

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> I cannot select '2' An inspection lot for each material and batch, as i said I am in early lot creation for order item.

>

> Eva

If this is the case then use early inspection lot option and don't do UD of inspection lot untill all qty posted to stock. You can record result against early lot as soon as created but don't do UD.

This should work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

Upon testing I found out that if I post all the partially confirmed stock to unrestricted the inspection lot status will be SPCO even without UD, which means upon 2nd confirmation of production the system will create a new inspection lot for the same order and the same batch which is what im trying to prevent.

Is there a way that the system will not close/complete the inspection lot even if the stocks to be posted is 0 (zero)?

Thank you for your help.

Eva

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that if you leave at least "1" of whatever you are inspecting in the lot you will not get an additonal lot. That way the status SPCO does not get set and any additional stock postings will be posted against the exisitng lot. This can be impractical in many scenarios but it some it's not a totally unworkable situation.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

After a lot of testing i finally figured it out. thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way that I can do UD without closing/generating a new Inspection lot for the other GR?

Thank you for the help.

Eva

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my earlier post select option "2" at control inspection lot drop down. This way system will generate one lot for each batch & it will not generate 2nd lot for another GR for same batch.

But if you are using early lot option then you have to keep open your lot otherwise once u close lot then system will generate 2nd lot.

hope this make clear to u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for the help!

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thank you so much for your replies. I will update you as soon as testing is done.

Regards,

Eva