Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of MIC control indicator in mass

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come across a requirement. The details are,

1. Inspection plans created with MICs having control indicators as Complete copy model, required characteristic, sampling procedure required and single result recording.

2. The requirement is to change all MICs control indicators to u201Csummerisedu201D. Rest all parameters (other control indicators and tolerance values, selected sets, units of measurement and decimals should remain unaffected)

I tried using CWBQM. Unfortunately I couldnu2019t find the provision to do this in CWBQM.

I tried QS27. Later realised system doesnu2019t allow to replace MICs with complete copy model.

Is there any way by means of which I can execute this in mass, as there are around 50K records.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I tried QS27. Later realised system doesnu2019t allow to replace MICs with complete copy model.

> Regards,

> Anand Rao

As I know system doesn't allow to replace MIC with incomplete copy model..Correct if wrong.

As suggested by Sujit..create new MIC with required radio button and tried to use QS27 or CWBQM to replace MICs.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit and Neh for your kind replies.

I verified setting at client level in QCC0. Following checkboxes are active.

1. Replace master inspec. Charac.

2. Replace inspection method

In QS27 system shows locked entries. MIC with complete copy model should be replaced by MIC with complete copy model. (With only difference of change of summerised recording tick). If this could work, probably this will resolve 70% entries.

Here I add another intricacy of the case. There exist certain entries for which the tolerance values have been changed in inspection plan for MICs with complete copy model. I am doubtful; for such entries QS27 would work, as this may overwrite the tolerance values in plan with newer MIC from MIC master.

I would be grateful if you can help further for,

1. How to use CWBQM for MIC replacement. I was unable to find this option there.

2. How to use QS27 with locked entries. (MIC to be replaced and newer MIC are complete copy model)

3. How to deal with 2nd case where tolerance values are different in plan than in MIC master.

Regards,

Anand

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

According to me, it cant be done with QS27 as it will only Replace an MIC, for that you will have to change all MICs first,

but, it can surely done with CWBQM.

1. Create one Preset indicator for Control indicators (required characteristic, sampling procedure required and summerised). Qcc0>Quality planning>Basic Data>Inspection characteristic>Define default values for Control indicators.

2. CWBQM>Current working area (Q_TSK_000000000010) >Input material etc, Load task lists>

Select Task lists>Click on "Quality Management" tab.

3. In Menu bar, Select "Task Lists">Inspection Characteristics

4.Now, Click on "Change".

5. All MICs will be opened for Change. (Ensure that you are in "Inspection chars gen." tab.)

6. forth or fifth column will be of "Preset Indicators", Enter the preset indicator which you have created.

I tried using CWBQM. Unfortunately I couldnu2019t find the provision to do this in CWBQM.

It is there, select "Control indicator" tab, and column name is "Recording type".

You can follow any method, but Creating new Preset indicator will be easy. it is one time activity, then you can simply Copy and paste. (i could not try "Extra>Mass Change")

For tolerance values, you can change it from "Quantitative data" Tab.

As per my Understanding, you can replace MICs with Complete copy model in CWBQM, correct if i am wrong.

Regards,

Amol

Edited by: Amolbook on Jan 13, 2012 10:58 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please go as per Mr. NehSAP and Mr. Sujit suggest for mass change.

Create new MIC and Replace the same with existing one, w.r.t Complete copy model.

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Amol,

There is limitation to use mass change functionality in CWBQM. Few parameters e.g. preset indicator, summerised recording cannot be changed through CWBQM. One by one we can do in CWBQM but it would be massive exercise with thousands of records.

Guru, Thanks for reply

As mentioned earlier QS27 is not working for replacing MIC. System is displaying all entries locked for change. All MICs which are used in plan are with complete copy model. What needs to be done to remove locked entries in QS27. I have already verified customizing setting suggested by Sujit.

Moreover, any thoughts for second case? (Where tolerances are modified in plan for complete MICs)

Thanks again to all of you!

Regards,

Anand

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii,

Just food for thought,

Why Not LSMW, as there are few changes like one control indcator and Tolerance values.

Regards,

Amol

Edited by: Amolbook on Jan 13, 2012 1:16 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the "lock" indicator yous see is showing you that they are locked characteristics, i.e. complete copy model. Go ahead and selected them all and execute QS27. If you used complete copy model charateristics, the MICS' shoud be able to be replaced with QS27.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks FF,

I even wonder why system is not allowing to do so in QS27. I even can not select the entries there. The only customization I am aware of for this is, at client level in QCC0. Am I missing anything?

Regards,

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you created a new version of the MIC?

Please see the plant settings, Basic Data tab. Read the help file carefully with regard to "Master insp. charac with history"

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate the customization to replace the mic

Then create new version of MIC then check with CWBQM .it should work.

there are couple of threads to replace the DMR in CWBQM on sdn .Try to check that !