cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning book key figure data not getting copied over thru Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Planning Book, & there's a key figure with some value filled in for a specified calendar week. I had built an extractor to bring this data to a Cube.

The extractor do bring in data, but when I check the PSA I dont see the same value as of the Planning Book.

I could manually enter a value for this key figure and for the calendar week and save the planning book, the value is retained in the planning book.

Please advice what could be the reason.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar,

Most likely should be linked to time based disaggregation of data.

In your extractor, did you also select some other time characteristic other than week?

Try checking only at week level (means select only time characterictic to display the data) in the DSO or cube (better place for functional checks in my thinking).

It shoudl look similar when viewed this way. If you still see discrepancy, then please let me know with an example as to what data you see in planning view (in which specific bucket). Similarly what 'different' data you see in DSO or cube in which specific bucket.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks Pawan for your prompt reply.

Here's what I'm doing.

My Extractor (Infopackage), i have filtered out to select a single Part#, and I'm looking at the data within the PSA table.

it says Adjusted Unit Price on the Planning Book for Week of 01/09/2012 as 100 ( I have manually entered this in the planning book and saved), and if I check for the same after data extraction in the PSA table, if I summ up the keyfigure based on the Week day, I dont get the same value 100, I see a different value.

Does the system store the Planning Book data in some Temporary table where we can refer to, I know its Live cache, but still I was thinking there may be a temporary table like structure where we can access.

FYI: There are multiple data sheets created which has the same key figure, would these store the data differently for this key figure even though my characteristics combination is same ( The character combination I'm checking both with in the PSA & Planning Book are Part#, Customer, Plant. Also just want to check whether we have any 'where used list' to find out a key figure used in a list of planning books.

Rgds

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar,

Unfortunately, there's no table where you can see the data.

There are 2 parts to the data: data storage and data display. We define data storage when we specify the periodicities for the planning area (also called the storage bucket profile). The data would be stored at the lowest level of periodicity that you maintained.

When you create the planning view, you specify how data would be displayed using the planning buckert profile or the time bucket profile.

If you have stored data in the week of the 01.09.2012 (did you mean 9th Jan or 1st September?), but your lowest periodicty for planning area is day, then data would have time based disaggregation (as your defined in planninga setup) and would be stored at the level of day in the planning area storage.

If you meant week starting 9th Jan and you saved 700, then you have 7 working days in the week, and assuming a time based disaggregation P, for each day you would have data in the same proportion as it was earlier. If initially there was no data in day, then 100 would get stored in each day. Rounding could also come into play. See the example on SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/fe/80a934908685479f084e9621749a0a/content.htm

What values do you see individually against each day of the week which you checked?

Extraction data would be similar to the way data is stored, unless you changed the periodicity in extraction e.g. if you had days in planning area, but did not select day in extraction.

If you want to check where all a particular KF is used, table /SAPAPO/PBMLKEY can be used.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may be right, when I checked the PSA data, I guess we are getting more records because of disaggregation thats happenning. i could match up the records & get the correct value based on the Planning book.

I have rewarded points to you for your prompt reply and helpful resolution.

Thanks

Gk

Answers (0)