cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4ABAP Admin Personalization not reflecting to other users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm aware that similar issues have been discussed in other threads but I think my problem is slightly different.

I have made an administrator personalization to a WD4ABAP application, i.e. I changed one tab to invisible. I did this by launching the WD application from SE80 in admin mode, right clicked on the UI element, made the change, ticked the box 'final' and saved. I got the message that an admin personalization was saved in a new configuration (and a transport was created for that).

But still that personalization is only visible to the admin user but no other user.

Please note, I am not talking about a portal environment here u2013 so OSS note 1234273 does not apply here, I think. I made the change to the WD4ABAP directly in SE80 and I am also launching the application with my other user standalone from SE80. So I guess, I should see the personalization, right?

I have checked in wd_analyze_config_user and there are no other end user personalizations for this component, whereas my configuration is shown for user scope u2018Allu2019.

Any ideas?

Causes that I can exclude:

authorizations u2013 all of my test and admin users have sap_all

language - all users have the same language settings. Also, I did not make any language dependent UI personalizations

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the looks of it, this problem is specific to this particular tab I am trying to hide.

Turned out that even this very specific problem has already been discussed in SDN. Some further research brought me to this thread:

Turns out that those tabs are based on POWL configuration and are therefore derrived from the users role assignment. I.e. a global deactivation of those tabs cannot be achieved thru personalization but rather by following the OSS note mentioned in the thread above.