Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal activity planned cost distribution

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My requirement is to distribute network activity planned cost based on the actual:

Ex:

90 hrs are planned in internal activity and activity type rate is 10 then total planned cost would be 900.

Activity dates are 01.01.2012 to 31.03.2012.

Distribution key is not maintained, therefore by default the cost will be distributed equally as per distribution key SAP020:

Jan/2012 - 300

Feb/2012 - 300

Mar/2012 - 300

Means hours got distributed as:

Jan/2012 - 30

Feb/2012 - 30

Mar/2012 - 30

Now lets say 20hrs are posted on network activity then system should update the planned cost as:

Jan/2012 - 200

Feb/2012 - 350

Mar/2012 - 350

means Hours should be distributed as follows:

Jan/2012 - 20

Feb/2012 - 35

Mar/2012 - 35

Please confirm if this can be mapped in standard SAP by using distribution keys or is this possible via any enhancement/user exit. Else I need to go for new development of report as per the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I am also facing the same problem , kindly let me know if you have got any solution.

thanks and regards

RAJIV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure how exactly the tac "Cost forecast - CJ9L" will distrubute those unused planned and actual hours to future periods.

I suggest to go for custom developed program so that you can acheive what you want. Note that in your example you you have given very even figures for example and that might not the case in reality and it differs. Then calculation of planned cost and distribution would be problamtaic with standard programs.

Regards,

PSR

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your replies.

Is it possible to manually distribute cost/hour at network activity level. Something like we do for WBS element in CJR2 using a layout(WBS, GL and activity type) and enter hours periodically will calculate the plan price for the period based on activity type rate. Please comment if anyone has come across this case and implemented the same or similar one.

If this is possible then I could plan to write a program in order to update the plan of an activity based on actuals.

Thanks & best regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Not sure it is possible.

Reveiwing further into into your requirement With my personal experience noticed an issue in moving of unused hours of planned hours and costs to the next periods.

1. System will not move those unsed hours to next period as well costs.

2. At the time of Fiscal year cross overs and new rates applied, system will calculate new costs from where those new rates are applicable period and not calculate the previous periods. So you will notice differences in planned costs. Note that most of the users do calculation on excel and start comraing those costs which is not practially feasible to match those figures.

Better you go with custom program when you are looking for exact figures. Let others also comment their views on this one.

Regards,

PSR

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby ,

The project forecast will write the result into the forecast version (co version 133 e.g.), the normal co version for the planned costs is the verion 0. I am not sure, if it is what you wanted, though the project forecast may distribute the costs in a closely way what you wanted.

I known a customer development which has it's own distribution logic. If you would like do the same, please

check the program LKALKF01,FORM DISTRIBUTION and FORM DISTRIBUTION_FOR_COSTING.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sreekanth is right. You can try using the Cost Forecast funcitonality provided in standard SAP. The transaction for the same is CJ9L. For test purpose you can use the default forecast version available in your system.

SAP Help has got a detailed explanation of the functionality. Refer that for more inputs.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of my past projects; we had a custom module which used to do exactly what you need. It basically see what is the actual at any give time and calcualate the remaining amount and distribute it on the remaining number of days and it was entirely custom. I was just going through the SAP documnetation and could see something called "Cost Forecast" and it seems like it is also doing something similar to your requirement. I have not used it personally but suggets you to take a look at it. If that doesn't help then for sure this can be achieved by custom coding.

Regards

Sreekanth