cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role ORA_SID is not created yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am performing a installation of NW PI 7.3 (ABAP+Java) with oracle 11.2 as the DB. the OS is Suse linux x86_64. I am facing this error in the initial stages. I am getting this error once after I select next in the screen where oracle listener related details are shown

the error is as shown below.

INFO 2012-01-12 12:38:55.9
Execute step setLocalDefaultContextParameter of component |NW_Doublestack_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdb|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|std|0|NW_OraDbBuild|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0

ERROR 2012-01-12 12:38:55.383
CJS-00030  Assertion failed: in
function (role, readAccountData) {
    if (readAccountData === undefined) {
        readAccountData = true;
    }
    NWUsers.trace("NWUsers.getAccountData(", role, ")");
    this._initAccountData();
    ASSERT(arguments.callee, this.haveAccountData(role), "role " + role + " is not created yet.");
    var ad = this._readAccountDataFromKeydb(role);
    if (readAccountData) {
        ad = this._readAccountData(ad);
    }
    var masterpwd = this.getMasterPassword();
    if (ad.password == "" && this._useMasterPasswordForAccountData(ad) && ad.type == "USER" && masterpwd !== undefined && role != NWUsers.roles.J2EEGuest && !ad.locked) {
        ad.password = masterpwd;
    }
    NWUsers.trace("NWUsers.getAccountData(): ", dump_properties(ad));
    return ad;
}
role ORA_SID is not created yet.

ERROR 2012-01-12 12:38:55.384
MUT-03025  Caught ESAPinstException in module call: .

1002  Last successfully executed installation step: NW_OraNetworkDia -> CommonNetworkParameterSrv @ 12:38:54 
1029 FCO-00011 An error occurred at step:
ERROR 2012-01-12 12:38:55.434 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:937] 
FCO-00011 The step setLocalDefaultContextParameter with step key NW_OraDbBuild -> setLocalDefaultContextParameter was executed with status ERROR

I have already check the SAP note 1527078 and control.xml file is maintained as per suggested in the note.

kindly let me know how can i resolve the issue

Thanks!

Regards,

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member686472
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

If you are installing SAP on linux with oracle , then you need to create user and group manually , otherwise it will thorw error like ora_sid not created yet ..

so do on thing , here i am mentioning ..

# mkdir –p  /home/usr/sap
# groupadd oinstall
# groupadd dba
# groupadd sapsys
# groupadd oper
# useradd -m -g sapsys -G oper sidadm    
# useradd -m -g dba -G oper orasid       
# useradd -m -g oinstall -G dba oraclegg

Follow all steps and restart system and run SAPINST again , It will work ..hope it would be helpful.

Regards

Arpit Sethiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

My users ora<sid>, <sid>arm are created and already setup in the dba, oper and sapsys groups.  I did create an oinstall group, per above script. 

I added <sid>arm and <ora>sid to the Oinstall group. 

But sapinst is still failing after selecting location of oracle RDBM installation media with the error I posted above (relevant part below):

: role OINSTALL is not created yet.

former_member686472
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear David ,

Please check above reply that i mentioned , and do start from initial and create manually group and role one by one from starting  it will be work .

Regards

Arpit Sethiya

former_member686472
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear David ,

You can do one more thing , try to create Group and Role from SWPM ,

there is option additional software life cycle something , try too create OS USER and DBA user from there.

Regards

Arpit Sethiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

My syntax is slightly different because I must use 'sudo' for root privileges, but the basics are there:

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo mkdir -p /home/usr/sap

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo /usr/sbin/./groupadd oinstall

groupadd: group oinstall exists

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo /usr/sbin/./groupadd dba

groupadd: group dba exists

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo /usr/sbin/./groupadd oper

groupadd: group oper exists

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo /usr/sbin/./useradd -m -g sapsys -G oper epbadm

useradd: user epbadm exists

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo /usr/sbin/./useradd -m -g dba -G oper oraepb

useradd: user oraepb exists

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ sudo /usr/sbin/./useradd -m -g oinstall -G dba oraclegg

Then, to check the ID's:

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ id oraclegg

uid=808(oraclegg) gid=705(oinstall) groups=705(oinstall),499(dba)

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ id epbadm

uid=805(epbadm) gid=498(sapsys) groups=498(sapsys),496(oper),497(sapinst),499(dba),705(oinstall)

[epbadm@epbsrvr /home]$ id oraepb

uid=505(oraepb) gid=499(dba) groups=499(dba),496(oper),497(sapinst),705(oinstall)

I then cleaned up sapinst (removed all directories in /tmp) and started fresh install and all is proceeding.  Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpit - one other question - what is the purpose of the account 'oraclegg'? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting a very simliar error, but it's indicating that role OINSTALL is not created yet..  This is happening when installing NW 7.02, and immediately after the step where I specify the RDBMS location (it's Oracle on LINUX).

I've seen all the other posts and notes to edit the control.xml file (ours is current as of June 2014 with the recommended note changes).  I've started sapinst with the variuos switches.  Just can't seem to get past this one, and thus far I haven't found anyone else with the identical error.

Any further suggestions?

Assertion failed: in function (role, readAccountData) { if (readAccountData === undefined) { readAccountData = true; } NWUsers.trace("NWUsers.getAccountData(", role, ")"); this._initAccountData(); ASSERT(arguments.callee, this.haveAccountData(role), "role " + role + " is not created yet."); var ad = this._readAccountDataFromKeydb(role); if (readAccountData) { ad = this._readAccountData(ad); } var masterpwd = this.getMasterPassword(); if (ad.password == "" && this._useMasterPasswordForAccountData(ad) && ad.type == "USER" && masterpwd !== undefined && role != NWUsers.roles.J2EEGuest && !ad.locked) { ad.password = masterpwd; } NWUsers.trace("NWUsers.getAccountData(): ", dump_properties(ad)); return ad; } : role OINSTALL is not created yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised it with SAP support and they asked me to use the latest installation master and using the latest one this issue didn't occur

Maybe try restarting the physical server once and then restarting the installation, also check your /etc/hosts entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this which i had used for NW04s not sure whether this will work for NW 7.3

1. Search in control.xml for the following entry:

NWDBora.prototype.setDBUserEnvironment = function(nwusers,cdroot)

2. Replace the following line:

if ( installer.onUnix() && OraCom.isDbHost(nw)) {

with the following line:

if ( installer.onUnix() && OraCom.isDbHost(nw) && !nw.isAddinInstallation() ) {

3. Restart Sapinst with the option "Continue old installation".

Also check this SAP note 972263

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install the database software by the script delivered with the database software (RUNINSTALLER in capitals & co) when sapinst requested you to do so or did you install Oracle before?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Oracle installation is not yet done. I am in the initial stages of installation where i input the details about where my export, RDBMS software dumps are stored. I get this error in when i click next in the screen where sapinst shows details about listener, listener port etc.

Regards,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Could you please look at this thread.

May be helpful.

Note 1527078 - Inst.Systems Based on NW 7.0 EHP3 on UNIX/Oracle

Br,

Venky

Edited by: Venkatesh Pydi on Jan 13, 2012 8:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

I have already checked the note 1527078. the control.xml already consists of changes specified in the note.

Regards,

Chandru

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

This bugsreported at 31/MAR/08 as per note 1527078, i believe the latest installation media had fixed it.

Do you go thru a screen in sapinst where it ask for guid for ORASID?

Is orasid existed in the system? /etc/passwd?

else, perhaps you can try to create using sapinst -> preparation -> create user

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Jan 13, 2012 11:32 PM