Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Prehaps you can help me out, I have a XI 3.0 system, Package level 14,

I have been running archiving and delete jobs on the system and everything seems to be running through correctly, the only problem I have is that the database size does nto seem to be emptying out as much as I think it should, and if I go to transaction SXMB_MONI, I can still find messages with status complete from over a year ago....

My question is as follows, should the archiving jobs be getting rid of these messages, and if so where could a likely place be to search for the reason why it is not, I have implemented as many notes as I can find on archiving or delete problems and none seem to be helping out.

Here is a partial the result from program RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS,

Determined number of messages in the client 3.441.144

Determined number of messages for reorganization in the client 3.441.144

Determined number of logically deleted messages in the client 3.441.148

Determined number of archived and logically deleted messages in the client

Determined number of messages to be archived in the client 0

Table container: 0

Message Status

==============

Message Status: 001 Message 0

Message Status: 002 Message 0

Message Status: 003 Message 3.084.700

I am really worried about the ammount of messages with status 003, that seems extremly high, when I consider that all the options have been set to archive or delete all messages older than 30 days,

Any help appreciated,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

Ranjeet's is objection is correct. If the messages were archived sucessfully, you wouldn't see them in SXMB_MONI any longer. Thus, these messages are not properly archived

(provide they are flagged for archiving).

You might have a look at OSS note 872388 'Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0' that provides a comprehensive collection of common issues regarding archiving and deletion. Please walk through section 5 'Troubleshooting Archiving / Deletion of XML messages and history entries in the Integration Server'.

Additionally please run report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS which should give you an idea of the reason for not archiving/deleting messages.

Did you also run report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS with option 'adapter status' set? The lion's share of messages shall have status 0 or 6 (where 0 is not displayed in SPS14 as far as I remember). If for example many messages have adapter status=1, you should run an update for this status, see 5-k)-2 in above mentioned OSS note 872388. For the sake of completeness I recommend to have a look at entire section 5.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you launch this report ?

RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS

This will tell you how many messages of which type are ready for deletion or not, and give me the detail ?

Have you tried to launch report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES manualy ? (through se38) How many messages are deleted ?

Many thanks,

GL

http://newitbizz.blogspot.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

-

I have been running archiving and delete jobs on the system and everything seems to be running through correctly, the only problem I have is that the database size does nto seem to be emptying out as much as I think it should, and if I go to transaction SXMB_MONI, I can still find messages with status complete from over a year ago....

-

why are still getting older message if it has been archived? Ideally if your archive and corresponding delete jobs have run successfully ,you should not get message in the SXMB_MONI.

Are you getting archive file created on XI server?.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

we currently facing the same issue. Could you solve the problem in the meanwhile and delete those messages in status 03. Would be helpful if you can post the solution or anybody else:

Kind Regards

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

folks, we do have the same issue. Did any of you applied SAP Note 789352 XI-Mesages: Change from Deletion to Archive. But this didn't solve my problem. Let me know if you have found any workaround. Thank you

Regards

Prakasha Mudalagiraiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A bit more info, by taking a look in table SXMSPMAST, and searching for entries older than the 1st month of this year, I get 39000 entries, but the interesting thing is that the status of these messages are not only 003 but also some, 014 some 029 etc, so there seems to be a greater problem than just status 003 messages.

The one thing that they all have in common is that they are QOSMODE EO. And that there reorg status is set to INI.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

I am also facing same problem. Have you got any solution for this from SAP excetp decreasing of retention time.

Do you know what all these message status means

Thanks

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem so I am getting the No space left on device error while using the file content conversion.