Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing vendor contact person information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario:

We are implementing and MDM solution to keep a central vendor repository, which will be the source for multiple backend ECC systems. We use SAP PI as middleware and try to stay as much as possible with the standard SAP IDoc formats.

Problem:

Unlike for customer MD SAP doesn't seem to support the interfacing of contact person details via ALE for vendors (or I haven't found it yet, if it is there, please let me know, it would be great news ). For debmas you have an E1KNVKM segment included in the debmas IDocs and I assume that there will also be ADR3MAS messages to provide the address details.

I believe that we'll have to go for customizing to get the same for the vendors but was hoping that someone has already gone through this effort and can share some best practices? Especially when it comes to configuring the system to make sure that the contact persons will be linked correctly to the vendors taking the CAM into account. (How to configure TSADOBJ and so on...)

Thank in advance!

Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody who can help?

former_member621510
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take out the list of fields for vendor contact information in the respective table and try to include them in your custom segment in your message type and try to populate the data in that and sent it through the IDOC.

if the same information can be handled at inbound system then you can capture the same.

regards

Vishnu