Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone describe me HR Security or if you can give me a description how structural authorization works in HR.

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day Imran.

HR Security is normally define base on criteria of personnel area, personnel subarea, cost centre, payroll area,and other HR object.

Structural authorisation is kind of additional security that we can apply to restrict access of an employee based on organisation structure.

0 Kudos

HR security is something taught in a 3 day course (HR940). It is not something that you can simply learn over the sdn forum! It's impossible to describe 3 days worth of course material in a single forum post.

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate your interest to learn HR Security. But as rightly pointed out it requires more insight which cannot be provided throught this forum.

But to give a brief Idea

HR Security becomes critical because its needs to be controlled differently

Because here the context of person comes where which data(which is segrageted based on Infotypes) you maintain and for whom becomes an issue. To explain it

Compare you being a Payroll Administrtor to Purchase Req releaser.

Now you can release purchase req for all materials which are you have access to.

but say you administer the payroll for all the users and if u belong to that personnel area then, ur access must be controlled so that u should not be able to maintain pay for yourself.

So this is where your access control directives change from traditional security.

And the Important Auth Objs which help you achieve this are

P_ORGIN

P_ORGXX

PLOG

PERNR

for Reproting

P_ABAP

Well Structural Auth

helps you to have a same role but give different accessdepending on where you sit in the Heirarchy and the PD Profiles attached to your ID.

Hope this gives you a general Idea of HR Security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you. Also points have been awarded. Is there HR940 or HR307 pdf files available on service.sap.com? I was trying to find these files but no luck. Can someone send me this HR940 document, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

these documents are not publically available and distribution violates SAP copyright and is therefore not allowed.

Best regards,

Christian

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Are there multiple ways of restricting HR Administrators from seeing each others HR data?

Especially in a shared service scnerio where structural authorizations may not work, since they are in the same part of the org structure?

Does anyone know in OOSB how the exlusion radio button works, it states that it excludes part of the structure but how?

Thanks in advance.