cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service in EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in a project where currently EM is integrated with TM and CRM. There will be no events bi tracked from CRM to EM.

My question is for the external customers, the client does not want to have a web UI and instead they want to have a webservice engine where events can be tracked and traced for specific to customer service.

Can u kindly suggest how can I build up a template and various questions that I can ask to CS team so that we can track and trace in EM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

This is actually quite a common scenario. All the transactions that you mention are covered in the SAP EM Application Interface. The BPTs in question are as follows:

1. ESC_SORDER - Sales Order
  2. EPL_NOTIF - Service Notifications
  3. ESC_WRKORD - Production Order
    1. ESC_WRKORC - Confirmations for Production Order
    2. ESC_WOGMVT - Goods movement for Production Order
  4. ESC_WRKORD - Service Order
    1. ESC_WRKORC - Confirmations for Service Order
    2. ESC_WOGMVT - Goods movement for Service Order
  5. ESC_MM_INVOICE - Vendor Invoice
  6. ESC_DELIV - Delivery to customer
  7. EPL_EQUIPMT - Equipment tracking
  8. ESC_SD_INVOICE - Customer Invoice

It's just a matter of working through each one of these to see what you want to track. This will lead to the definition of your AOT which drives the creation of your EH Type.

From there define which events you need to track and against which EHs they need to post to. This leads to Event Types and ultimately the Events that they need to create.

Reveal has a very comprehensive SAP EM design template that we use to extract all the needed elements for a successful design effort. There are at least 50 different parts to consider when designing an EM solution. There are often performance or support implications that need to be considered for each proposed design. Give the design due diligence.

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin & Gopi for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the answer on this?

we are planning for a similar scenario but from CS module of  ECC.

Thanks

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP EM doesn't have specific customer service scenario however, Sales Order visibility process, Delivery for service materials, Invoice can be integrated to track in SAP EM for Customer Service process.

Could you tell us what exactly and which process you want to integrate?

I can suggest you visibility process that can be customized and achieve in customer service.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you GGopi,

We have customer service Order /Module which triggers our complete process. This is an after sales scenario.

Original sales order has - Equipment based at customer location (Most of them, Heavy equipment)

These equipment parts have certain life span. For instance, every 3 yrs need to replaced/ repaired.

We get notification based on the duration set,( at least 3 months earlier).

we turn this notification as Service order and sent to customer.

Customer approves/ acknowledge.

Maintenance order(PM) is created against the service order.

This Maintenance order has variations, our crew to repair, sub-contracting to a vendor , at customer place, Vendor place. depends on the part Size, duration, $ to repair.

Once completed the,

Billing sent based on service order,to Customer on Time & Material.

Invoice paid according to Sub con vendor terms on Time & Material.

In a nutshell, its mix of SD  & Production Malfunction scenario of EM.

All of them are Serialized in this Scenario.

I know there is no CS object tracked into EM.

What do you recommend while defining a new custom process?

Do you think copying SD visibility and add AOT (s) wherever required,( reference to PM) is a good Idea?

You time and effort is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

This scenario quite similar for more of service based industry especially for heavy equipment manufacturing companies.

However, SAP EM has its own limitation upto current version.

Let's look at your scenario:

1. SAP EM gives ESC_WRKORD BPT for production or service based order - BADI /SAPTRX/PP_WOUPDATE

2. If you trigger notification then EPL_NOTIF BPT will use to achieve and configure in SAP EM.

3. If the service order create through VA01 then you can user ESC_SORDER BPT to trigger to SAP EM

4. Use ESC_WRKORC BPT to confirm and complete the service work order.

5. Use ESC_SD_INVOICE to raise a billing for time and material.

The solution would be tricky but can be achievable through custom AOT and different event types to measure milestones.

Check and let me know if you require more information.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gopi,

How does it work in case of Service order created from Sales Order ?

What can be used from Standard and what do we need Custom?

I mean  with reference to AOT &, EVENTs , Parameter / BADI / Function module, I have requirement to have event on Creation , Release , Confirm, Re-open

Can you please give me lead .

Thanks ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I don't know whether we have standard AOT and event types to achieve for Sales Order service order scenario.  However, you can create your own AOT for Service Order ref existing AOT and event types for Creation , Release , Confirm and Re-open ref existing event types.

Check this blog how the process sequence works

Processing sequence from SAP ECC to SAP Event Management for Sales Order

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GOPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered