cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT connect an external DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve connected a portal DB (Java) in the DBACOCKPIT with the point 3 of the note 1025707 - DBA Cockpit: Planning calendar and remote Oracle databases.

When I go to the DBACOCKPIT transaction and select the option to connect to SID external database, but in the bottom of the screen appears thist

Database Connection SID_name_connection established successfully

RFC destination SAPXPG_DBDEST_SAPname: Communication error ' '

RFC destination SAPXPG_DBDEST_SAPname: Communication error 'COMMUNICATION_FAILURE'

But in the tasks that I want to schedule, not appear.

The rfc test connection is succesfully of SAPXPG_DBDEST_SAPname

What can I check?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Please check the connection parameter in the DBACOCKPIT for the external DB connection:

MSSQL_SERVER=<DBHOST>\<SID> MSSQLDBNAME=<SID> OBJECT_SOURCE=<sid>

Maintain correct entry in System data and Admin data and choose DB as local or remote depending on your case.

Additionally check if DB shows as active in DBACOCKPIT.

Check for S_DBCON authorization.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1). Make sure you have selected Explicit Host for the RFC destination.

2). Please make sure, the user has the Authorization to execute SAPXPG from Solman to target system.

3). In the Host file of solman, make sure you add the Hostname and IP of target system.

4). if SAPXPG is not working in the RFC destination, please try to give full name like
hostname\<path>\xpg

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

1). Make sure you have selected Explicit Host for the RFC destination.--> Yes, the check is selected.

2). Please make sure, the user has the Authorization to execute SAPXPG from Solman to target system. --> I don´t use the solution manager for this. I want schedule the backups of sap portals on sap bi.

3). In the Host file of solman, make sure you add the Hostname and IP of target system.--> The both sap systems are in the same server.

4). if SAPXPG is not working in the RFC destination, please try to give full name like

hostname The test is correct

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Is your Gateway pointing to DBHost name?

Also, check this note for some troublsehooting steps - Note 446172 - SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE (program_start_error) in DB13

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

Have you checked the Authorization test of the RFC : SAPXPG_DBDEST_SAPname

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you performed all of these steps?

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/SAPDBLinktoanExternalOracle+Database