cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot with Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am PP consultant and need some help in setting up a scanario of Production order with inspection lot.

I need to setup a scenario where a inpspection lot is created from production order manually (not at the time of release). The purpose is to post few quantity of production order to scrap storage location. Inspection lot needs to be created only in certain production orders where some of the quantity has to be declared as scrap and that needs to be rejected with usage decision.

can any one please suggest the overview of such scenario.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

You want to create a manual inspection lot only for the purpose of Scrapping and also want it to be done with Usage Decision.

You can not use inspection type 89, as it is not stock relevant (Inspection type for Miscellaneous inspection),

There is one another solution with inspection type 08( inspection for Material Movement), but it might look Lengthy.

1. Release a Production order. say 100 qty.

2. If during process, 10 is scrap, then perform Partial Confirmation of 10 Qty.; Stock will be in Unrestricted.

3. Now, through MB1B, transfer 10 qty from Unrestricted to QI.

4. As you have inspection type 08 active, System will create an Inspection lot for 10 Qty.

5. You can post this whole 10 qty to Scrap while giving Usage Decision.

I think, in your process, Scrapping is not done frequently, that is why you do not want inspection lot at every production order.

in that case this solution may solve your problem.

regards,

Amol

Edited by: Amolbook on Jan 12, 2012 3:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the reply.

yes you are right that we do not need inspection lot for every order but again we need to have a link of inspection lot with order to track which order leads to scrap. Currently we have set up a scenario where inspection type 04 is used for GR but it creates IL for all production order with all quantity and then during usage decision we declare good quantity to unrestricted and bad to scrap (posted against cost center).

The main purpose is to keep the track of scrap with respect to quantity and cost. please do suggest if you have some best practice to follow.

Regards,

Rohit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Well, I think the process you adopted using inspection type 04 is standard.

Try exploring scrap field in CO11N. For quantities you post in scrap in CO11N, system doesnu2019t generate inspection lot but you have track of scrapped quantities with respect to order.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

correct ,

if u don't want any lot against all orders then its better to declare the scrap qty. against Order via COR11n or COR6n itself.

once u activate the 04 then definitely system generates the Lot. and as per ur requirement scarping against order is best one.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option I think for this scenario would be to set up all the 04 inspection lots for this material as skip lots using a DMR rule. Set the wait time on the skip lot to 10 hrs, or 24 hrs, whatever is suitable for your process soyou know the lot will be around if you need it.

That way, when you have scrap to post you will have the inspection lot available. But if you do nothing, the UD batch job will process the skip lot for you automatically and nothing has to be done by anyone.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rohit

you can create inspetion lot manualy at any time, but this manually created lot dont have stock posting

option, as manually created lots are not stock relevent.