cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFP masthead customization on 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't done any customizations to par files on the portal earlier and from what I've read, there are no par files on 7.3. Using the post [; as reference, I got the war file com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war directly from the server.

When I import the war file into my JEE project, I don't see any css stylesheets to change a few things. I was successfully able to deploy the EAR onto the server and can see it under portal applications and preview it.

Can anyone let me know how to go about customizing the jsp? I need to place a link just before the LogOff on the masthead.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Customization of mast head can be done in the portal "theme editor" itself. Under content admin->portal display->theme editor. Remember to save the sap tradeshow in a different name and edit only the theme which you saved. If you need only simple customization like change of pictures, colors, and fonts, then there is no need of customization in code level. This simple method will do.

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you know where the theme's css files are located on the server?  They aren't located in the same location in the 7.3 portal as they were in 7.0. 

When I view my portal in Firefox, my masthead is displaying with a left margin of -1px.  There is no such setting in my theme, so I need to look at the .css file itself to find out where the setting is coming from so I can change it.

Thanks,  Owen

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did u try this?

Content admin->portal display-> portal themes->theme editor->afp class report->generate and save in local machine and edit in csv viewer.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

In the Masthead.jsp you can include your code to get the link, just put <td> above the search container and give your link there.

Regards,

Nivas209

Edited by: Nivas209 on Jan 12, 2012 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivas,

Thanks for the help. I was able to put the link there. But I still want to know where the jsp page gets the styles from.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaish,

I guess CSS are coming from the theme,Please make sure.

Regards,

Nivas209

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

Please check the below link for Theme Customization of Masthead

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a03ead25-4288-2e10-57ae-c70b8c412629

Regards,

Srinivas