cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header and item data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have created a header node and item node. both the nodes are filled by backend. In the layout i have displayed this data in two tables. when i click the particular record in the header table it should show that items in the item table.

Can some body please guide me on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the Master-Detail application in WD tutorials. It is exactly what you want. You will find it <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/84/8bc1a36a38da41a46517b114ca0974/frameset.htm">here</a>.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to 10 questions limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On selection of the header table, you can get the header value which will be given to the input of the Item table.

by

String headerValue=wdContext.current<headernode>Element().get<Attribute>();

then by using this headerValue you can load the Item table from the backend (ie.,which records are related to the current selected record of header table).

these validations should be done in onLeadSelect action of the header table.

regards

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nid,

When u selec the row in the header table, get the leadselection element and get the value of the row in it and pass that as input to ur second table i.e item data to execute and display..

u have to write the code in the function that u had taken for header table..i.e onleadselection function...that u added to propety...of the table..

1) U assing one method to the property of onLeadSelect for table one.

2) write the code in the method as...

String headerdata = wdContext.current<headernodeElement().get<ur attribute>();

and use headerdata to get the items..

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a modelnode <b>head</b> which is filled with data from back end. I have another modelnode <b>item</b>.

I created a method <b>GetItem</b> for onleadselection of header view. now based on the record selection in header i want to display records in item.

I want to loop the <b>head</b> node and display the records in item.

how to create an iterator for <b>head</b> node and <b>item</b> node.

<b>Please help me with code snippet.</b>

Thanks in advance,

Gopi