cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form not so interactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to embed an interactive form in my WebDynpro application. I succeeded on displaying the form, but I cannot make it interactive.

The form actually has only one interactive element, which is a URL launch button. I unfortunately cannot make without this button, so I don't have much choice.

I can see the form is not interactive in the WebDynpro because clicking on the buttons does nothing, the cursor does not even change to the pointing finger. When I test the form from SFP (with interactive flag set) it works as expected.

What is already done to make the form interactive:

- Set the form layout type to ZCI.

- Checked the "Enabled" attribute in the INTERACTIVE_FORM element of the webdynpro view.

- Created an empty action for the on_submit event of the element.

- Tried with both Native and activeX displayType for the element.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a technical restriction with WD and interactive form integration, if form is created using SPF then i can not be embeded as interactive form in WD. if you want an interactive adobe in WD screen you need to create from WD using farword navigation. check this link for the steps http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cc/05c27f53ad430688f8a95f1c0c79db/frameset.htm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your very fast answer.

What you are saying is a little disturbing, as the PDF designed via SFP is huge and rebuilding it from scratch is out of the question.

Is there any way to copy it from there to the workbench ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we also faced such problem and nothing could fix it apart from redoing. Now if your form is not suppose it trigger a server event may be you can try making this ineractive using some java srcipt in your form button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just made some tests and indeed when creating the form from the webdynpro, and the only different I can see is that it generates a XML based interface instead of an ABAP Dictionary based one. But indeed the interactive elements work in that case.

Concerning your last suggestion, I would really like to, and the actual code to launch a URL from a button is Javascript and client side, but it simply does not work, the click event seems impossible to trigger from a non-interactive form.

If you have no further idea I will see with the customer if it is worth it to remake the whole PDF just for that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav eone doucbt have you set the intercative form in the for porperty, as it is static by default, one need to change it t interactive to make this form behave interactively.

Thanks

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think so, but I am not sure what you are talking about. Could you be more precise about the place where you think I might forgotten a setting ?

Thank you.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

After changing layout to ZCI, go to utilities and click on 'Insert Web dynpro Script'. Then for your button select event Click .

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Form Property->Preview tab set the preview Type and Preview Adobe XML FOrm as Interactive and Dynamic XML Form respectively

Thanks

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

This unfortunately do not help, I see no noticable difference.

Hello Pooja,

I have indeed noticed that the WebDynpro framework seems to need the form interface to be XML-based instead of ABAP DDIC based. The problem is that by doing that I might as well redo my entire form, as I have made extensive use of the DDIC base functionalities.

So finally I know what I can do if I want to solve this, thanks to all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try he below code in modifyview

if(firstTime)

{

IWDInteractiveForm Form = (IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("<Form Name>");

Form.setDynamicPDF(true);

}

hope this might help u.

Thanks

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with ABAP webdynpro, so your code is not valid.

I have looked at the CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM class to see if there was a similar method, but I could not find one.