cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU types in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to EWM and confused with the following. Can some one please clarify this

If i have a HU already in the ERP inbound delivery the HU data are copied into the EWM IDN. What is the HU type that is applicable for the HU ie is created. Because in ERP we dont have a HU type we have only SU type. But at delivery level we have the HU created only with the packaging material.

Now there are checks in EWM such as allowed HU per Warehouse or storage type. In the above case as the HU is copied what is the HU type.

Additionaly i understand that the Number range for the HU should be same in both system to ensure that the same HU number is copied. In case if the HU number range is different does it mean that the IDN wil not be created or a IDN will be created with a different HU Number.

Regrads

Sandeepan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kishore that clarifies a lot.

However if we dont maintain the HU type in ERP at product level. But packaging material is assigned a HU type in EWM, Will the system determine the HU type for the HU in EWM inbound delivery from the packaging material default HU type.

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeepan,

I think it does, i vaguely remmember testing this a while back but not very sure.

Because even the documentation says the HU type can be determined from Packing spec of EWM.

So might need to do a quick test.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

However I still have a doubt.

If you refer to the documentation for the customizing node :Define HU type in EWM.

There is the following

"Requirements

If you have activated the enhancement for products in ERP, you must maintain the standard HU type in the ERP system, and create identical HU types in Customizing for the ERP system."

What exactly does this mean, where do we maintain standard HU types in ERP system. Does it mean packaging materials.

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the help of EWM Add on, HU types also exist in ERP.

if you look at SPRO -> Integration with other SAP components -> EWM -> Additional material attrib -> additional values -> Define HU types.

When you extend your material master to have additional warehouse views you could attain lot of new fields with respect to Warehousing. Which would then be CIF'd across to EWM system.

If you look at Warehouse Product Master in EWM -> Pkg Data tab -> there you could cross check your HU type that you sent across from ERP.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand you correctly, does it mean for the packaging material used in the inbound delivery HU (in ERP) as we have a corresponding packaging product master in EWM. The system derives the HU type from the product master of this packaging material.

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeepan,

Handling Units are physical unit with a combination of Pack Spec and Product.

Handling Unit types are defined against Pack spec or a Product in EWM, thereby helping you to handle products of various sizes for example.

WIth respect to Number ranges yes they should be similar, however there are BADI's if you have a slightly different requirement.

Regards,

Kishore