cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass values from Webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement wherein we want to capture some data on a Webdynpro Java application, and this data needs to be passed to Business Objects.I would really appreaciate if you can suggest some way to do this.

Thanks

Niky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You question is too generalized. Could you be more specific about your requirement. Generally, to capture data you design a WebDynpro java application in which you use Form and submit button.

I would be able to suggest more if you could eleborate you specification.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

There would be a form wherein the user will enter some text in the input field, after doing so the user hits the Submit button.

Generally, when we connect to any R/3 system we use the Adaptive RFC Model , on the Submit action a BAPI is called which updates the R/3 system.

Backend in this case is Business Objects,so we need to pass data to Business Objects.

I want to know which type of Model to use while I develop this application.

Please let me know in case you need any further details.

Regards

Niky

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say you start with a tutorial get some practice. looks like you are new and to answer this question I need to explain whole WDJ application creation procedure.

I did mention in my previous comment that you would have to create a form and a submit button. for the button u need to create an event method where the action code for updating backend would be written. Now to help u more i need to know the names of bapi's. You can import BAPI's using Adaptive RFC method.

But I would suggest you follow a simple tutorial to get an idea on whole process.

Also, read forum rules once.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I am very well aware of the method of updating the backend via a BAPI.

I think you have not read my post , I have mentioned I want to update a Business Objects system.

There is nothing like BAPIs in Business Objects, that I can call from a WebDynpro Java application.

Regards

Niky

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niky,

You can use web services to interact with BO

Have a look at the API at http://help.sap.com/javadocs/boe/xi/ws/en/index.html

and for some sample web services / applications at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/00a56fd4-4384-2b10-b085-931f8b3ed972

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for providing the approach to it.

Regards

Niky

Answers (0)