cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating PCR frontend-JSP forms to Adobe interactive forms-WD Abap Comp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently on Netweaver 7.0 & ECC 6.0 and ESS - MSS Business Package 50.4. We are using JSP Forms on portal front for Personnel Change Requests (PCR's ) where in all the scenarios in the backend are heavily customized with good amount of usage of Javascripts. For certain scenarios, where in a huge amount of information is fetched from ECC 6.0 backend system, JSP are performing really bad and the total time taken to display the form is actually causing a lot of irritation to the end user.

We are planning to propose an upgrade to SAP adobe interactive forms. The prerequisite is that the business wants to reuse all the customized scenarios without any changes and just want to move towards better front end forms.

My questions are:

1. Please list benefits of SAP Adobe interactive forms - ABAP component over JSP forms (performance wise)

2. Issues with SAP Adobe Interactive forms?

3. Since Javascripts do not work in Webdynpro ABAP. How can we implement those front end checks and validations.

3. Any other options available for UI that can be suggested?

All suggestions are welcome. Quick response is appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Best Regards,

Anupama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Have searched this forum and have got the answer for most of the questions. One thing for which i still need your inputs is, about the performance. Obviously WDJ (Webdynpro Java) Component uses jco connection to talk to the backend, it has not as good as WDA in terms of performance, but our client is specifically looking for some factual data (like % improvement in the performance) or any other related study.

Can anybody provide any details for such scenarios?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Anupama

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Is your performance issue with the Javascript with JSP pages? or the Java script you are using within the Adobe form in your WDJ custom application using Adobe form? I have worked on PCR's using ISR framework old school it used to call as PCR and now HCM Processes and form, Developed PCR's using WDJ also integrated workflow with the WDJ PCR for approval(we never had any performance issue) infact ISR frame work was kind of slow compare to custom WDJ solution and less flexible for a developer to develop.

I have also worked created WDA custom application for PCR's , WDA is definitely better when you compare it with WDJ but I have not seen much performance issue with WDJ atleast on custom PCR solutions.

I don't have any case study to share with you, can you please tell what kind of PCR's your client is using and what kind of performance issue you are experiencing and where and why you guys are using Javascript.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama

We are also with same case and planning for migration .

COuld you please let me know how you are going about for this

Thanks

Poonam Sharma

Sridhar_Myana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

When you said you developed WDA custom application for PCRs, you mean the form also being developed in WDA? If so, is it through ISR framework or your own custom design? can you pl.. elaborate that point.

Thanks.

Sridhar.