Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of Implementation Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to ask a very simple question,

what is the scope of Implementation Projects?

Can anyone give examples in different domains like FI, MM etc??

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We never performed any module specific implementation instead

SAP Implementation means end to end implementation of sceanarios like Order to Cash

so it involves CRM ECC BI server as technology server holding the transactions for respective business process under the same.

that is why we add all the logical comp in solman proj and therefore add the scenario in solar01.

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar

but we gathered some business scenarios and create a project in solution manager.... so what could be the possibilities os these type of projects?? (FI/CO, MM HR are implemented already).. means what could be the possible implementations for which we can create project in solman??

Regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it depends upon what you are doing

if already functionality exists then create a maintenance project ...which is better so that you can do the enhancement for existing functionalities

or create a solution for the scenario and then do check out/check in.

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hasan,

I approach implementation projects as a means to an end. I ask myself each time that are these going to be processes that will be implemented enterprise wide or are strictly regional processes. That helps me distinguish in most cases that I have dealt with.

Scope of implementation projects could mean different things to different people, but you need to identify what business scenarios are global for your enterprise (however small or large it maybe). If its identified as a smaller local implementation then it gets pulled in an implementation project, as long as the "solution being implemented" stays local.

If it swells into a large roll out that gets implemented enterprise wide across all possible locations, global template is your answer.

Nevertheless, with SolMan 7.1 compare and adjust, your process adjustments at an enterprise and regional level become very easy.

Just be aware though, that template projects are not yet supported with SolMan's Business Process Blueprinting tool. And it will be the case for quite a while.

Hope that helps!

Post here if you need some further clarifications. This is a good topic to actually discuss, purely because of the vagueness in the content matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Invycktus

since i am very new to SAP thats why i raised this question.

to implement new modules like SAP Land & License, SD and others which are to be implemented from scratch we create projects os type Implementation is Solution Manager. but for implemented modules like FI etc we may require to create new projects in solution manager to implement new processes (e.g classification of GL accounts), am i rite??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think so, you can just add the new business scenarios for FI in solar01, you no need to create a new project here.

Thanks,

Jansi