cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartfomrs - runtime errors call_function_parm_missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add in address in the COMADDR windows in the standard smartform YBMY_MMGR1. I go to form interface -> import tab n add in IS_LFA1 type LFA1. Then create an address in the window n put &IS_LFA1-ADRNR& in adddress number under general attribute tab. When i try to display this in MB90 i receive error runtime errors call_function_parm_missing

please advice

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

AbhishekV
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

Your answer in the form of steps :

1) In standard smartform you are trying to display some extra field (in your case

ADRNR from table LFA1).

2) First identify the Standard driver program that is used by your Smartform.

3) Open that program and search for function module 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'.

4) This function module will have a formname returned in import parameter

'FM_NAME' in some parameter.

5) Below SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME you would see a 'call function <parameter>',where

parameter is the same parameter used to get formname in step 4.

6) In this call function you need to pass 'IS_LFA1-ADRNR' in the export parameter.

ie, for ex Write something like :

ADRNR = IS_LFA1-ADRNR

7) now open the form and in form interface add this variable along with the type.

😎 activate both driver program and form and i believe you should be able to see

the adrn(dont forget to add the variable in the window you wish to use to display it)

Hope your issue get solved. <begging removed by moderator>

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jan 17, 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the driver report, comment the code where u are calling the smart form and call it again.

Or if u can: add the new field in the export fields. Try this it should resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nitin,

i try to put in is_lfa1 type lfa1 in export. when i display i get "error in address output (name not filled)". By the way, can you tell me how to do driver program or driver report that you mention.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

This is because you have mentioned the Address window in smart form and not passing the value from the driver program.

Just try passing that.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri Hari,

Again you are giving explanation instead of step...where can i find this driver program? How to pass value to driver program? I believe this is third time i am asking this.

thanks

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When dwbug comes which program name comes is driver program name...otherwise you can search it via sdn..Rajesh i would recommend you to first search sdn and understand the basic conce

Pts of smartform as if you would have been clear with it you would have solved it in 5 mins

Hope you understand..

Thanks

Nabheet

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check that in driver program you have also added this parameter in smartform call..

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

just check in the Address text are you passing all the parameters.

Make sure whether the ADRNR field alone is enough to get the values of Address if i am not wrong i think you should give the country key also just try giving that also.

This error is due to exception handling. This error is generated because the user has not given some parameter which needs to be given.

Also check whether the parameters passed are of correct type.

If you still face issue please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Hari ,

I dont quite get what you mean as i am still new to smartforms. In the COMADDR window, i just right click create -> address. I didnt put any text. In address under general attributes -> address number i just put in &IS_LFA1-ADRNR&. that all i have done.

If is wrong, please guide me by provide a step by step instruction

thanks a lot

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are calling the smartform in your report or driver program the parameter is_lfa1 is not passed to smartform when it is called. That is why you are getting dump

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

nabheet,

then how can i fix this issue?

thanks

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the program calling this smartform.... and make the changes there as that program is passing the vendor details to samrtform..You know the program name i believe...

else when dump comes go in debugger check the program name

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

You are correct just add this thing alone in the general attributes check whether there is a field for specifying the country key.

If its there then specify that also.

Why we are specifying country key is in different countries they follow different format of address to specify that correctly we need to specify that also in general attributes. See whether that also needs to be passed from driver program or from interface and do it accordingly

Also check whether you have passed all the values to smart form from your driver program as mentioned in your previous post.

I think this will solve your issue. If you still face issues please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sri hari,

How do i check whether there is a field for specifying the country key? Where can i check this driver program? I dont have any write to do abap programming.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Hari,

I just try something and it appear that is not the address issue. I delete the address and basically didnt use anything on table lfa1. All i did i just add the IS_LFA1 type LFA1 in form interface -> import tab. Then i try display. the same error appear.

Short text

Incorrect parameter with CALL FUNCTION.

What happened?

When calling a function module, one of the parmaeters was not

specified.

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "YBAA_M07DR" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

Error analysis

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_DYN_CALL_PARAM_MISSING', was

not caught in

procedure "AUSGABE_WE01" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

When calling the function module "/1BCDWB/SF00000136", one of the parameters

needed according to the interface description was not specified.

This parameter was "IS_LFA1".

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Now its clearly mentioned that parameter "IS_LFA1" is missing right.

You have added it but its still showing error just activate if fully while activating if it shows error just activate Despite of Errors then it will be getting activated.

Then if you check it wont show any error.

Just try this and let me know if you face issues.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Please do as follow

go to se38 program YBAA_M07DR

Search subroutine "AUSGABE_WE01"

there will a call functrion for smartform where IS_LFA1 is still not yet passed.

Please pass that.

If you had debugged it you would have got the solution till now.

Nabheet

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Hari: The parameter is missing in fuction module for smart form call in driver program ..

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nabheet,

thanks for the guide. As i said earlier i dont have right to do anything on abap side, i only can view. It keep on require access key. if you can provide your email, i can send you the debug error. I try to do the debug but i cant do anything from there because i dont have abap right.

Sri Hari,

I need instruction in steps on how to solve the problem like nabheet provided not explanation of the issue. I do activate it fully, i get this message "Form ABC activated".

is there any other way?

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets do another solution if program is standard and asking acess key..

Are you getting vendor number in any of the existing parameters in smartform if answer is yes..then in gloabl declaration declare a variable and in initialization fetch data for the same

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

nabheet,

No i didnt get any vendor number. Maybe you can try this, try to open smartforms YBMY_MMGR1 i believe is a standard form. Then you try to add IS_LFA1 type LFA1 in form interface -> import. Then just create an address in comaddr window. Then try to display it in MB90. From there maybe you can get a better picture of my problem.

i really dont understand why this is not working.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh

The smartform work in the below mentioned way.

1. A report is attached to the the output type which fetches the data and call the smartform similar to function module call and pass to it all the values.

Your form is a custom one what is your driver..

Simply by adding parameter you wont get any value in smartform as you have not added logic to fetch the value in report/driver

Nabheet