Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marco cannot execute step by step.

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

i have created a macro including a lot of steps.

in my sceranio, i have created a macro like this:

step 1:

Row 1 = row 2 + row 3

Step 2:

row4 = row 1.

Step 3:

IF

row4 > row5

write an alert.

When i run this macro, it can only execute step 3. i don't know why?

please explain for me and correct it.

And tell me how can i execute marco at aggregated level and location level or product level.

thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand first why you copied row 1 to row 4. However, this should still not cause an issue.

This kind of macro is a very basic macro, and you must be missing some very basic thing somewhere.

In all the steps, I hope you have repeated the iterations sufficient number of times (means covering the complete time horizon that you need).

Hope you did not change the attribute of data source from "values" to "attributes". Double click on your rows in the macro, and check this in the section 'Data Source: Value or Row/Column Attributes'. You should have "values" there.

Regarding running at aggreagated or detailed level: If you are in interactive planning and you have allowed "direct execution" for your macro, then do the data load at an appropriate level, and run the macro. Same also applies if your macro is default or start macro (or another type), when you would load data at appropriate level through selection, the macro would execute at the correct level.

If you run the macro in background job, then you can specify the aggregation level in the background job variant.

If you want to change the aggregation level for some reason during the execution of macro, it's possible to use functions DRILL_DOWN and DRILL_UP.

What exactly is your requirement?

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls also do a check for the macro in the planning book and take care of any reported issues as result of the check, and then generate the macro again.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your issue resolved now?

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Whats your row 5 equivalent to? Try to regenerate your macro and let me know your results.