cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_setup in solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've been trying to configure solman_setup in solman 7.1. In system preparation->prepare landscape->select SLD->configure SLD Data supplier, its throwing error "Error: Not able to load Function AGS_SISE_SET_CTC_STATUS (cause:Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)).: step UME client".

I've selected solman SLD as central SLD and also added ECC sld to it in the previous step. I dono which user in this step its pointing. I've checked the solman_admin user and slddsuser, sldapiuser it all exists in solman. Why this error throws and which user it is pointing and in which server? solman or ECC??

I don have any clue guys. I've to complete these configurations to configure MOPZ. I need MOPZ urgently. Please help me guys and guide me how to proceed.

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Now I've a fresh solman 7.1 system. I've not activated LMDB. I just want to download support packs for ECC EHP5 system and EP NW 7.3. So i've to configure the systems in SMSY and have to download through MOPZ. SO can you guys clearly tell me which product instance I've to choose for the ECC EHP5 system Abap and Java (separately) and for EP NW 7.3.

And also any mandatory steps for configuring these systems??

I've a doubt. While configuring the systems in SMSY, it will connect to Abap systems by RFC. But how will it connect to Java systems to calculate the stack??

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

There's no short cut to get things done. You have to sync your SLD with LMDB to avoid all possible error for MOPZ generation and save your time for troubleshooting.

fyi, EHP5 is under product ERP6

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nicholas,

That was a usefull information.

Am having some other doubts.

Now am in setting SLD and LMDB in system preparation phase. I have not configured MOPz. My target was to connect my systems and configure MOPz. Am having a ECC (Abap and JAVA- MCOD (Diff SIDs)) and a EP system.

while choosing the sld of a system am having option only for adding a java system. How can I add the ECC Abap stack?? At which phase exactly I should add this system?? After which phase MOPz will be configured??

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

You don't really need to configure MOPZ, MOPZ is ready once you completed System Preparation and Basic Configuration in solman_setup. What you need to do to make your system visible to MOPZ is by assigning correct Product System, add into logical component and solution landscape.

while choosing the sld of a system am having option only for adding a java system. How can I add the ECC Abap stack?? At which phase exactly I should add this system?? After which phase MOPz will be configured??

>>> Are you in SLD configuration section in System Preparation where it asks for SLD? In your case, you can put in your SOLMAN SLD as local SLD. Continue and perform SLD <-> LMDB sync, This will take hours to run.

To make your instance visible in SLD, you need to go RZ70, put in SOLMAN SLD, activate and run. As for JAVA, you need to go VA -> SLD Data Supplier -> fill in the SLD and SLD user, trigger the fetch. Instance data will send to SOLMAN SLD and sync with LMDB. After 10mins, you should able to configure your ECC and EP in SMSY, where it'll bring you to LMDB for any changes.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas,

But am too confused. Am new to solman 7.1.

As you asked, yes, am in system preparation-->prepare landscape phase.

In this 1st section is " select SLD" in this i'v added solman and ECC java sld and selected solman SLD as target. In ecc abap i've made entries in rz70 for solman and executed the job. In java stack the entries exist in Visual admin. But still those instance does not reflect in solman. i dono what was the exact procedure to add the instances. Do i need to manually add in SMSY? How should I proceed? Do you have any clear document on how how to add abap and Java systems in solman 7.1??

Do i need to install willy introscope compulsury in all instances??

Please explain me clearly about the procedure..

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont need wily for instance to appear in SMSY.

1) In SELECT SLD, just insert ONE SLD -> your solman SLD. That's it. and ensure the status is green.

2) Click next, you'll prompt to a login where you need to fill in technical setting for SLD such as solman hostname, SLDDSUSER and its password and etc. Ensure the setup is completed sucessfully.

3) you can skip E2E and Diagnostic if you don't use them now.

4) Here, you'see Set up LMDB. Configure the namespace for your LMDB.

5) Add http://YourSolmanHost:5XX00/sld/cimom in the next screen.

6) Save and activate.

7) You'll LMDB sync job is running. and it may run for hours for the first time. Please ensure this job completed sucessfully. You can monitor in SM37 *LMDB*

Once this job completed successfully, entry in solman SLD will write to LMDB, and auto sync to SMSY. RZ70 and VA -> SLD Data Suppplier just fetch data to SLD. For it to appear in SMSY, you need to complete SLD <-> LMDB sync in solman_setup

Please download the LMDB guide and have a read.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

I've tried all you guys suggested. But the issues was the java stack was pointing to the client 001. But Am running the solman_setup in 100 client. So the userids are created in 100 client. But the lsd is looking for userids in 001 client. Then i changed to 100 client then the issue resolved.

But am too confused in LMDB. I can't able to understand the concept of LMDB and SLD in the new Solman, even though i read the guides. Can you guys please tell me clearly about that??

Also i need to connect my ECC system (Abap and Java stack) in Mcod system. Abap and Java system in diff SIDs,with same DB. I don't have a separate SLD for that system. I've to register that system in Solman only. I've to configure MOpz to download the support packs. So Do i have to register two systems for Abap and Java or as a single system. If as a single system which port no I've mention in sld. 50000 or 50100? Please explain me in this..

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Let's view LMDB in this simple way:

When data is fetched from RZ70 (Abap) or SLD data supplier (JAVA) to SLD, and the sync is configured between your SLD and LMDB, changes in SLD will write to LMDB every 10 mins, based on the periodic job LMDB*

When entry synced from SLD to LMDB, it'll appear in SMSY automatically. In order for LMDB to work with SLD perfectly, you need to patch SLD CR and CIM to latest, and complete the system preparation in SOLMAN_SETUP, especially section SLD & LMDB configuration.

For your 2nd question, yes, both ABAP and JAVA data need to send to SOLMAN SLD (i assume you've set solman SLD as local SLD in SOLMAN_SETUP -> System Preparation -> SLD Confg)

Refer below on how to configure Product system to run MOPZ:

Hope it helps,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Jan 17, 2012 6:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Could you please let me know the ume parameters you have changed in order to point the java stack to 100 client instead of 001 client. even i am encounetring the same error during template installer and after changing the parameter "ume.r3.connection.master.client" to 100 and creating the user CTC_NULL in 001 client with sap_all profile as dialog user then i am getting the following error message.

"client 001 of the UME destination is not the same as the entered client 100  of the solution manager ABAP system"

I am configuring it as local SLD of solution manager and started the initial configurtaion during system preparation steps in solman_setup.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Kudos

Changing your client from 001 to 100:

Browse to the useradmin section of your java stack and select the Configuration button at the top of the screen above the search section.  Select Modify Configuration and then select the ABAP System tab.  Under the General connection settings you should see your user id as SAPJSF and your client configured as 001.  Make the change, test the connection and then select the save all changes button. 

Don't forget that you will likely need to perform a role generation and a user compare via SU01 on the ABAP side for the user SAPJSF.

former_member421651
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

so what's up with the issue, have you found the solution?

I faced exactly the same, with one difference that I haven't added any systems to my SLD, just started its initial foundation with pressing the "Setup Local SLD" in the "System Preparation -> 6.Prepare Landscape -> 6.1 Select SLD" section.

Any news on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Arkady Berezkin.

Edited by: Arkady Berezkin on Jan 13, 2012 3:34 PM

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing please ensure your SOLMAN patch to latest SP and update the SLD CR and CIM contents.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

former_member421651
Discoverer
0 Kudos

My ST software component (Solution Manager) is on SPS 04 level on 710 release.

So I guess it is the authorization issue, the error stack available from message tells that it tries to access with user CTC_NULL to 001 client. As there is no such user in he system, you need to create it, with a SAP_ALL profile for example. The password is equal to username. That workaround solves the problem on that step.

Regards,

Arkady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arkady I'm facing the same problem, how did you solve your problem?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nicholas and michael.

The error shows as Name or password wrong and not as no authorization.

I've assigned full authorization (SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW profiles) to the user solman_admin.

Yes, My solman is a dual stack and ECC also is a MCOD dual stack.

I think the configuration of data supplier runs in solman. since in solman Java is not a separate instance, do i need to check SSO in that? Or i need to configure SSO in ECC??

Please clarify me..

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

First of all, you wont have permission or authorization issue if you create OR update relevant user's authorization during solman_setup.

2nd, you can try to set solman SLD as local SLD. Run and see how it goes. If it runs successfully, then you know the problem is happened in ECC. Please take ECC out from the SLD configuration.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

Sorry, I missunderstood, that you would like to attach your Solution Manager to the SLD of your ECC Java Stack.

As Nicolas said, I would use local SLD of Solution Manager and keep the SLD of your ECC also local. You may use Data Supplier to synchronize data afterwards.

If you would like to go on with your SLD-setup, you need to verify in the Useradmin of your ECC-Java-Stack which user the roles of LCR* has assigned. Normally, the user is called something like SLDDSUSER. The password of this user can be changed. Just make sure to change the password in Java Visual Administrator - SLD Configuration, too. Otherwise, this connection would be broken.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

Please have a look at SAP note 1647157 according the SPML-Service rights.

Additionally, check that your user, you use to execute Trn SOLMAN_SETUP, got the following permissions:

1.) Default roles

============================

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

SAP_PI_CCMS_SETUP

SAP_SM_BI_ADMIN

SAP_SM_BI_EXTRACTOR

SAP_SMWORK_BASIC

SAP_SMWORK_CHANGE_MAN

SAP_SMWORK_CONFIG

SAP_SMWORK_DIAG

SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN

SAP_SMWORK_SERVICE_DEV

SAP_SMWORK_SM_ADMIN

SAP_SMWORK_SYS_ADMIN

SAP_SMWORK_TECH_MON

2. Addidional roles from SAP notes 1572183 and 1570399

===============================================

ZSAP_BI_E2E

ZSAP_PI_CCMS_SETUP

ZSAP_SM_BASIC_SETTINGS

ZSAP_SM_BI_ADMIN

ZSAP_SM_BI_EXTRACTOR

ZSAP_SM_BI_PROCESS

ZSAP_SM_CONF_SEC

ZSAP_SM_EEM_CONF

ZSAP_SM_USER_ADMIN

3. Additionally create a custom role with full RFC-rights and give it that user:

- Object: "S_RFCACL"

>> ACTCT: 16

>> RFC_EQUSER: Y

>> RFC_USER: sy-uname

>> Rest: *

Last, check that SSO-Step between ABAP- and Java-Stack was successfull (you could also rerun it after applying those permissions).

Hope, I could help you.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I also had the same problem but thanks to your response i am sorted now.

kind regards,

Zwelithini

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean ECC SLD? Is your ECC dual stack (with Java)?

If i read you rightly, you want to fetch ECC info to SOLMAN SLD? If yes, you just need to put SOLMAN SLD as local SLD in prepare landscape.

To send ECC info to SOLMAN SLD, go to your ECC system, TX RZ70, put your solman host and gw. Save and triggered.

To ensure sld* user password is correct, you can try to login to solman abap. Change SLD* users to service type in SU01 and login with the correct password.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Jan 12, 2012 6:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go though my question.

I've done already whatever you have said. but my problem am getting error i've mentioned in previous post. I dono why thst error occurs. its telling user or password wrong. I dono which user its checking.

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to say that i can't really comprehend your question. Therefore, i asked is your ECC with JAVA stack??