cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No flexibility to use diff RFX templates during the RFQ-->RFx integration?

rachith_srinivas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know for a fact that we can only use one RFx template during the RFQ --> RFx process integration. This RFx template is tied to the Integration Configuration Document.

Current customer has different Group functions such as Nuclear, Corp etc. Document security templates on RFx events need to be set such that an RFx created by a user in Nuclear Group function should not be visible to users in Corp.

This can be realised using Document security templates defined by Doc Type. But the issue is that RFQ's created in ECC can only use this one RFx Template associated to a specific type.

Are there any plans in future releases to make this more flexible and not tie all the RFQ's to a single RFx template?

Due to this restriction additional scripts need to be written to ensure code of conduct in the Sourcing app.

Thanks

Rach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is something that i am currently investigating for my client.

i have found that you can use certain fields not available in integration scenarios and if these fields are populated, they are not overwritten by system defaults.

the field i have found that may help is: TEMPLATE which would need to be add in the DT_RFx_HEADER_FIELDS data type within SAP PI (if you are using that tool)

rachith_srinivas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you saying that adding TEMPLATE as one of the fields in DT_RFx_HEADER_FIELDS data type and setting this value to a particular template in Sourcing, we can force the data importer to create the RFx based on the template specified in the field TEMPLATE?

Have you tested this?

Thanks

Regards

Rach

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not tested this!

but am working on some other fields on the RFx header so had the structure available.

i have done similar developments on supplier, material and Agreements so this should work too.

the system seems to adopt the properties sent in rather than the values in Sourcing.

again, this is not tested but other developments similar have worked for this project.

Barry

rachith_srinivas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know we can change the custom mapping in PI to pass additional values. But the issue here is to force the use of a different RFx Template while creating the RFx than the template defined in the Integration Document Configuration object in Sourcing.

Adding the element <TEMPLATE> new template </TEMPLATE> does not work.

Thanks

Rach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachith,

Great to catch you back in the forum

Just fyi, choice of templates during RFQ replication is supported starting in Wave 9, which is yet to be releassed. Configuration requirments to do this will be available with Wave 9 documentation.

In releases prior to Wave 9, adding a template node in the xml might not be of help, unless some code downport happens.

Thanks,

Baski

rachith_srinivas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Baski,

Good to hear back from you too :). I see you are very active on the forum.

This is a perfect answer!! And this is what i wanted to hear :). I am glad the flexibility to select a template has been added in Wave 9.

Cheers

Regards

Rachith