Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create huge number of IDOC

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am asked to create a file to IDOC scenario in PI. The problem is, the file will have around 200,000 records, 96MB. That means I have to get the 200,000 records from the file and create 200,000 PO IDOC at once. I know this is not possible. Does any one have this experience? How did you solve the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I think using both techniques:

1. The trick with IDoc bundling from Michal's blog linked above, plus

2. File content conversion with option record set per message in sender file channel

you should be able to process the file. Try experimenting with the packaging size to find the best option - it might be for instance 20, or 100, or 300 messages per single process, depending on the exact message structure, you have to verify that trying out different possibilities. Moreover, make sure to schedule the interface run nightly or on weekend, because both your PI system and ECC system will be under high load that might prevent users from using the system efficiently, as processing IDocs uses ECC's dialog work processes.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for good suggestions. I will try it and get back to you. But will be a few days later. I am having other issues working on.

Charles

Edited by: Charles M Gates on Jan 12, 2012 2:51 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is very much possible, i had done this kind of requirements.

Design interface carefully.

processing 2 lacs records at a time always risky so split the records and process it . if you are using file content conversion then use record set per message option in sender file channel enter appropriate value, it will split the records and will process data in to multiple transactions.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi charles,

we have tried a failed effort on similar request earlier.

It was heavy load on system & used to take hours together to execute all idocs.

better to go for sequential processing as suggested by baskar.

-santosh.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few ways to implement this.

Though the file has huge number of records, you can tweak or control the number of idocs creating at the reciever side.

Refer michal blog for edit the occurence of target idoc structure to sent the number of idocs as per the need.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%20to%20Multiple%20IDOC%20Splitting%20without%20BPM

if your sender side is flat file then in the content conversion you set the parameter Recordsets per message like 100 or so.. so that you create 100 idocs each time from the sender message structure. Refer SDN forum for fcc parameters and sender fcc adapter scenario.

Refer this thread