Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX Query Objects dont show in Universe

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I used Universe design tool in BOBJ 4.0 to create universe on top of BEX query. I successfuly created the connection, tested it and created the universe but somehow I cannot see any Chracteristics and Keyfigures (nothing at all) on the universe design interface.

The BEX query is in our Dev box and I am doing test on it so I can make sure that power users can create universe on the BEX query.

Can you please advise wheat did I miss or have done that all characteristics and key figures are not showing in the universe. Its all blank.

I will really appreciate your help on this, Best Regads

MD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can select your BEx query, but the 'universe outline' in the webi query panel stays blank (i.e no available objects in the webi query panel) then you don't have enough rights (authorizations) on the BW -side.

to prove it, try using a sap_all profile in the universe connection .

regards,

H

p.s. there is a large section on the required authorizations in the Admin guide. Also a note covers it : Note 1585948 - No objects are visible in the query panel when creating a report using Interactive Analysis or BI Launchpad

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Henry,

I think I have a authorization otherwise I would not be able to access the query it self and modify it, By the way what authorization are you particularly talking about can you pls mentioned the SAP authorization.

Also what do you mean by releasing the Bex query externally, does that mean transportation from one instance to another. Right now I am doing testing on this query and it is in the Dev box, pls shed some light on it I will appreciate.

Regards

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is the Admin Guide : http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_admin_en.pdf

search for SAP Authorizations

I also referenced a Note above . Check it out by using www.service.sap.com

These are the solutions, not guess work

Regards,

H

former_member1310099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have mentioned that, all your connections between the OLAP and BO are successfully connected, but you cannot see the characteristics and Key figures on the universe design interface.

To make the chracteristics and Key figures appear on the universe design interface, you have to go to the BEx query designer > Open your query > Go to the QUERY PROPERTIES > Advanced Tab > Enable ALLOW EXTERNAL ACCESS TO THE QUERY > Save.

When you do this, you are giving permission to the universe to pull data from the BEx Query.

Follow this routine for every query, when ever you want that query data in the Universe Designer.

Hope it helps.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's not correct : if a bex query isn't externally released, it remains invisible (or greyed out) and the unv connection can't be defined.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Sarvan,

I have already checked the box for Allow external access when I start creating the universe but no use, any other suggestion, thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try my solution - Authorizations is what you need