Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practise for reusabe dialogs

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello *,

I need to create several dialogs to display / maintain detail data of an object and return the potentially changed data as well as an indicator whether the dialog was properly processed or cancelled / aborted with errors. It should be possible to call this dialogs in a popup.

As an example I'd like to pass an equipment number to such a dialog and maintain it. As a result I'd like to return the changed data to the caller.

In classical dynpros I would encapsulate a dynpro within a function module to allow reusing the screen, but how do I do this in WDA?

If it matters, we are currently using a NW 7.0 EhP 1.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Alej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Search for 'component Usage in Web Dynpro ABAP'. You will get lot of threads and articles related to this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

at first thanks for your quick response!

I'm already familiar with component usages, but I only used them for embedding components in ViewContainer UI elements. Is there a way to call them in a modal popup dialog?

Nevertheless I would generally prefer a more decoupled solution like my example with the function modules. Using classical dynpros I can open the popup and return values to the caller quite easy. If I have to use component usages I'd have to embed them in the caller, bind the contexts and use event handling to process the returned values (which would split the logic into several methods). Am I correct or is my way of thinking obsolete when working with WebDynpro?

Best regards,

Alej

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Is there a way to call them in a modal popup dialog?

Hi,

Yes this is how we have to do in Web Dynpro ABAP. Create a component(Reusable) and use that component in your component and create one more window in your component and call that window as a popup window.

check this for pop up window reference: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/WebDynproapplicationtodisplayaPop-upwindowonthebrowser

hope this helps u,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your recommendation. I will start to implement the first dialogs tomorrow to get a feeling if this is a viable procedure.

Unfortunately I'm still not completely satisfied with this approach so I will not close this thread yet and hope for more suggestions!

Best regards,

Alej

Answers (0)