cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To send email when message size is zero

0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts

I have created JDBC to RFC scenario. It is working fine. Now, I want to send email alert to destination team when zero data came. Please suggest, how can I acheive this.

Regards

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is JDBC polling. So either you have records polled or nothing is polled. What do you mean by "zero data cam"?

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

If select query doesnt pull anything in sender JDBC communication channel, means zero data extracted from JDBC sender channel, I need to send email alert to destination team.

Regards

Suraj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If select query doesnt pull anything in sender JDBC communication channel, means zero data extracted from JDBC sender channel

Yes, but it doesn't mean that anything is sent to PI. When nothing is sent to PI and there are no errors, alerts can't be generated. Can JDBC channel scheduling help you in some way as a workaround?

Instead of using a select query, is it possible to use Stored Procedure? Then in the SP you can check for the records and raise error.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Thanks for your suggestion.

How to use stored procedures, so you have any links,please!

Regards

Siva

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is one possible option. In the mapping area check using exists node function of the sender mandatory node element and if the exists function return true means data exist and if not then create your target structure as mail receiver and send mail message. So basically you do enhanced interface determination through multimapping without bpm. If the data exists map receiver structure one and if not map the email receiver structure.

Refer this [link |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1571?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]for handling different receivers.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP has to be maintaine at database side. Ask your DBA.

Please search SDN for using SP at sender.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Answers (0)