cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order text for Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have researched my issue and also have asked other peers for guidance. I feel that I am really close to getting my issue to work but I am not sure what I am missing, so I am hoping that someone can give me some advice as to what to check please. See below for the description.

My issue is in reference to SD Variant Configuration and is outlined below.

Overview

Main Unit is a radio test set

Test set can have an upgraded software

Example

Model 6015 u2013 standard test set

Model 6015T u2013 Upgraded software test set

Model 6015V u2013 Upgraded Software + test Set

Requirement

Use same Material Number using Variant Configuration for the upgrades

Price is to default to the Upgraded price

NOTE:

Our materials are already established and are set up as material type Finished Goods; ERLA item category; sales order item category is a copy of TAC. I am using a Configurable Material type KMAT, item category 0002 and linking to the FG material item category ERLA in the material master.

I have created the Material Variant (KMAT) in MM01

Created the characteristic in CT04

Created Classification in MM02 for material FG

Created Super BOM for Configurable Material in CS01 and added the upgrades as Alt Bom 2 for upgrade and 3 for Upgrade+. Also added the Alt BOM text

Created Profile of configurable material in CU41

For the Material I added the configurable material to MRP 3 screen in MM02

Created the BOM link in CS40

I simulate the material in CU50. I enter my material; select the icon for configuration, I can see the characteristic Value Assignment nad see my characteristics Description. I go to the value and use the drop down I then see the pop up of all the different values.

I have created Characteristic Reference VCSD_UPDATE_ARKTX with table VCSD_UPDATE and field ARKTX - no values

I have created a characteristic Test_Choice with the 2 values one is Test Upgrade 1 and the other is Test Upgrade 2. Both of these have the description as well.

For Material Text:

I have set up a reference characteristic using 30 character format (named VCSD_UPDATE_ARKTX),

with table name VCSD_UPDATE and field name ARKTX.

Then in the Configuration Profile(CU42) for configurable material, added a procedure(named PR_PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION) to the dependencies which contains code that sets the description

$self.VCSD_UPDATE_ARKTX = ''Test Upgrade 1u201D

If $self.TEST_CHOICE = Test_Upgrade_1,

$self.VCSD_UPDATE_ARKTX = ''Test Upgrade 2u201D

If $self.TEST_CHOICE = Test_Upgrade_2,

When Entering the sales order for Material Number XXXXXX, I receive a pop up that I can select which Alternate BOM (from CS02) I would like. I select my line item and then select the configuration icon at the bottom of the sales order. I see again my characterestics values (the same as CU50) but am unable to select the radio button. Not sure if this part is standard. Still no change in the sales order line item. I have validated that I am using a copy of the standard TAC item category. How does the text change to the correct value? Am I missing a seeting somewhere. Please provide any guidance with this as I have been trying to get this to work for over a month.

Thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kim, if the greyed out radio button is for cstic TEST_CHOICE, then the text obviously won't get set, since your procedure code will never fire.

Assuming you do set a value for TEST_CHOICE, so the procedure code does fire, then it should update the sales item description.

1) Make sure the reference cstic is included in the class (this is a common "miss" by modelers)

2) make sure that procedure is firing. You can use the "trace" option in CU50 to validate.

3) Make sure everything that participates in this is in "Released" status. I can't tell you how many times I banged my head against the wall only go find out "duh, I forgot to release it"

It should be one of these, I've done this many times.

Good luck

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill and thanks for replying.

Unfortunately it is not one of the areas you have mentioned. I wish it was...however everything looks like it should work..but it is not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only other thing I think it could be is User-Exit code in MV45AFZZ that is overwriting the material description after your VC code does.

Either that of the $Self reference ? I forget the detail of this on reference cstics, maybe quick test with no reference and/or $parent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured out that this will work if I go to the standard material (it is not KMAT but it is a FERT material type) and set the flag in the Material Master Basic Data 2 tab that this is a configurable material and not use KMAT material type for a super BOM. The text changes for this scenario so it give me hope.

This is not ideal, as I want to use the Super BOM because there are different variations (non stock items) that I need to pull through on the picking list in order to tell the end user which option needs to be loaded in the standard material. At least I know the text can change on the sales order; but I am still struggling with the use of the super BOM and changing the sales text when there is use of a super bom as you tie that to the MRP 3 screen of the FERT material type. I can set everything up, but the text will not change if I set up the material master this way. Guidance is appreciated.

Example

Material 72433 (FERT)

on sales order I enter 72433, my alternate BOM comes up with different Options. Alternate BOM 1 is standard configuration; My Alternate BOM 2 has Option 3 and 4 while alternate BOM 3 has option 5 and 6. Alternate BOM 2 is a 6015T and Alternate BOM 3 is a 6015V.

I want my sales order to pull through the text of 6015T or 6015V, whichever is chosen. I want my picklist to print out the option that was selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim, I haven't used the KMAT material type for years, always a Z-version of Configurable FERT. SAP kept KMAT in there, but the recommendation is to use FERT (or HALB) with the configurable flag instead.

Just to be clear, you are talking about changing the Material Sales Description, not a Material Sales Text, correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up going to a company and looking at their model and this helped tremendously and I was able to solve my own issue. I used different variations but mainly this works better by not linking the FG material to a super BOM (KMAT) material. I made my material a configurable material in BASIC DATA 2 tab then I created the FG material as the Super BOM (Super BOMS can have Super BOMS inside of each other if your material is complexed) I then added the different variations of the upgrades inside of the one super BOM and I also used the Universal BOM usgae (cuts down having a BOM for SD, Prod, and ENG). I created all my needed characteristics and classifications, Keep the configuration profile as Plnd/Prod Order not SET. and using the user interface settings. This works well. I hope this will help others.

Answers (0)