cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-reaction method not sending e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are trying to set-up email notificacions for cancelled jobs. So far I've configured SCOT and RZ20 succesfully. The alerts are triggered and the auto-reaction method is active and ready but it's not sending automatics e-mails. If I click on the auto-reaction method status and manually start auto-reaction method it sends the e-mails, but I haven't been able to make it work automatically.

So far I've read every possible thread in SAP forums about the issue and I also have checked the following notes:

Note 671780 - Only trigger auto-reaction method with certain alerts

Note 502959 - RZ20: External e-mail as auto-reaction

Note 939616 - CCMS auto-reactions: Help with troubleshooting

Note 760821 - Auto-reactions no longer work with email

Note 939616 - CCMS auto-reactions: Help with troubleshooting

Note 176492 - Automatic email when an alert occurs (RZ20)

I have tried all the possible control options for method CCMS_OnAlert_Email (currently is executed as a periodically job). I have checked all the jobs generated in RZ21 and still can't get it to work.

This e-mails alerts are to be triggered locally by each SAP productive system. I've already tried to configure this monitoring alert in two of our developing system with similar behaviour: no automatic e-mail is getting send.

Please, advice me on what I should do. I know I'm missing some

configuration but I can't figure out which one.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently, the problem was not the configuration, but the MTE Class that I was using for testing R3DialogResponseTime. I still cannot make it to send automatic mails, but when I configure auto-reaction for R3BPServerSpecAbortedJobs it sends the automatic emails without no trouble. Aborted jobs are not as frequent in our landscapes as responses times issues are.

Thanks all for your kind cooperation!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a job RSCONN01 ABAP SAP&CONNECTALL running every 5 minutes. I can manually start auto-reaction method from RZ20 and the mail gets send. Othewise I don't see any mail being generated in SCOT, STOST or STO01.

Do I have to add my local system as a monitored system in RZ21? Because I haven't done that. I activated background jobs for Local Method Execution, I activated Central System Dispatching and even activated dispatching job for Downtime Dispatching. I've tried interchanging this configurations, deleting these jobs without success.

I think the SCOT configuration is not the issue here, it must be something else. All my configurations (user, jobs, scot, rz20) are done in client 000.

Edited by: rcarreno on Jan 11, 2012 5:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I am not sure you have activated Background Scheduler in RZ21. For automatic processing of alerts locally in your CEN system, you should have to activate local background scheduler too in RZ21.

Please Goto: RZ21, Technical Infrastructure, Local Method Execution, Activate background dispatching.

This should solve your problem -It takes like sometime like 10-15mins to see the emails in SOST though.

I know, you have already configured SCOT and BG job running fine, please make sure it's working from 000 also.

Also, can you please confirm below settings in Monitoring Methods

Control --> Only in Central system, Triggered by CCMS agents

Release - Auto Reaction method.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background dispatching is active (client 000). Configuration for SCOT is working in client 000. Where do I find this option "Control --> Only in Central system, Triggered by CCMS agents Release - Auto Reaction method." ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the method, you have created example - CCMS_OnAlert_Email and double click on it and you see the Tabs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the configuration as told. Now the alerts status is ACTION_REQUIRED and the auto reaction status is Run required. Still no mail in SOST or SCOT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP running?

Please note the run time status: "Run required" means,

the alert was triggered, but the auto-reaction method does not start until the next time the CCMS method dispatcher (SAPMSSY8) runs. This can last up to 5 minutes if alerts are generated asynchronously (for example, by an active data collector).

However, the next time the CCMS method dispatcher runs, the auto-reaction method should be executed and the status of the node should be READY.

If the RUN_REQUIRED status does not disappear, it could be for a number of reasons:

- If MTE is present on the local system:

The auto-reaction method must not be defined as the central auto-reaction method.

- If MTE is present on another monitored system and a central auto-reaction method was defined:

Is one of the above true in your case?

An agent from the monitored system must be logged on to the central system, and this agent must be active. Please check whether these agents are active or not in Rz21 and try Re-Registering it.

You can also refer to SNOTE: 939616, 1265906

In the below link search for "RUN required"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/49/945f2b9ee72222e10000000a42189d/content.htm

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have job SAPCONNECT INT SEND scheduled in the required client.This is a client dependent job.

Also,check in SOST if you can see pending mails over there, which can be processed manually without requiring above mentioned automated job.

In SCOT , i suppose you have "checked" Node in use option and given correct domain name.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure RSCONN01 job is running periodcally.

Refer to below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/d9268d4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/content.htm

Regards,

Arjun