Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Registered Server Program RFC in ERP

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need suggestion on one problem we are facing.

From ERP we have 3 application which uses Synchronous message call to PI system from where the call is sent to a mainframe system and returned.

All these 3 applications uses a registered server program XXX_TCP_YY RFC call to connect to PI system.

In this RFC XXX_TCP_YY the gateway host is mentioned as ERP system and there is a communication channel in PI where this RFC details are maintained.

After upgrading our ERP 6.0 to EHP 5 we are continuously getting issues with message flow to PI or call to PI is failing and this RFC is taking long time or sometime timing out.

In such cases since it production i go a restart the channel in PI and this RFC start working fine.

But i am not sure how to resolve this issue.

Can you please provide some pointer in which direction i should investigate this problem.

Regards

Ajay Sandal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you check the PI Communication polling interval and whether this restart needed on all the apps or just CI?

In addition to polling interval please check the SeeBurger services from /nwa and see if the needed on are active.

Before restarting the channel, clear the cache using full mode too.

Check this forum link:

Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: Ashutosh.Pandey on Jan 11, 2012 9:21 PM

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

I tried to locate seeburger service but couldn't find it and also restarting the channel is solving our issue but is there a permanent solution for this.

Also let me know more about Polling and how i can check in system and if that is relevant In our case.

Regards

Ajay Sandal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

SeeBurger is a 3rd party Adapter, you can see the applicaiton in NWA and search for seeburger

Did you get chance to check the RFC performance is? if not check the below notes

You can execute the REPORT - RSANAORA to see the what % your RFC is, if its lower than 50%, please use below note to rebuild Index. You might think, rebuild RFC indexes might causes issues but not really.

Note 1013405 - RSANAORA: Creating histograms with DBMS_STATS

Note 691764 - RSANAORA enhancement: online option for index rebuild

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

What is your Kernel Version? DId you update your kernel ?

Please refer to below notes

Note 1389918 - RFC communication is very slow

Note 1397059 - Poor performance for RFC connections

Note 1553339 - Performance: Checking RFC-connection status

Regards,

Arjun

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks i check the first note and we are already in higher kernel levels for ERP and PI.

ERP Kernel 720 111

PI Kernel 710 230

Regards

Ajay Sandal