cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where put *.dll in ear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to use some dll libraries, but i dont want to put them in windows(/system) directory or some global directory for server and to change some server settings. Is it possible to put them in ear or war file?(in case it is where to put them exactly and is it necessary put some reference is some xml)?

thnaks

Jiri Juranek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

for a resource adapter (.rar) you have to put the dlls in the root (/.dll) of the archive.

Why would you put a dll-file in an ear-archive?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because I have some application that use jdbc(and it needs some dll), it is already written and i have to port it on sap web as. Today I tried to put that dll in windows/system32 and in another directories on PATH but it doesnt work. So i put it in lib folder in WEB-INF but now there is a problem with redeploying because that dll is loaded and cannot be replaced on file system. So i have to restart engine every time

I dont know resource adapters(newbie:), so should i look at it and make some rar with dll or is rar intended to another situations?

thanks

Jiri Juranek

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

watch the direction of making your JDBC driver a datasource. This is an Admin job (for watching into manuals).

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jiri,

We have a similar issue. We have a DLL that is required as part of a portal component and the same thing happens to us, we need to restart the engine evertime we redeploy. Did you find a solution? It would help us greatly.

BRgds,

Simon Kemp