cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users uploading data to Live cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Does APO has the capability to handle flat file uploads simultaneously to live cache by 5 different users or does it throw out a message asking other users to wait until one upload is finished.

We have a situation where users upload the flat files and based on these files the CVC creation process kicks off (If there are any new combinations). But every time more than one user tries to upload the file the system would nt allow other users to upload.

Any help or input is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Not enough info.

Basically, APO will support multiple uploads simultaneously. The issue is not the upload, but is the object that will be the recipient of the uploaded data (infocube, planning area, etc). Normally before an update is possible, the object is locked by the first user who is trying to perform the upload/change. Thereafter, other users cannot make changes to that object until the first user is completed, and releases the lock. This concept is widely implemented to prevent inconsistencies. This limitation is common in most DBMS systems, not just in Livecache and MAXDB.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot of the prompt reply.

Let me be more specific. The users upload sales data to APO (APO Info cube) in Work week versions. So the planners usually don't upload same CVCs but sometime they do upload all at once, say once every week or month.

So when you say "Object" say the object in my case is APO BW infocube. The second part of your response compliments the idea that it might not be possible to do a simultaneous upload. Correct me if i am wrong. I am a little confused with the very first statement ("Yes it is possible..." and the second part of you response about the locking.

Can you please explain what would happen in each case when the recipient is 1. Info cube 2. Planning area

Thanks a lot.

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

My statement was meant to convey the concept that multiple uploads are supported - as long as you are uploading to different objects. So, for instance, if you had 10 users, and each was uploading data into a separate infocube (e.g. 10 different infocubes), then APO would be able to support the 10 simultaneous uploads, providing nothing else got in the way.

To answer your question, regardless of PAs or ICs: Multiple simultaneous uploads, to a single IC or to a single PA, will almost certainly cause locking issues.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot again. Very useful information!!

Closing the thread.

Answers (0)