Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA30 - How to restict users from deleting data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a bespoke master data ( P_ORGIN) Infotype that records information. Obvviously the data here needs to be 'kept' and and changes will be logged by the overview facility so the 'history ' is not lost.

The end user has access to PA30 just to this besopke infotype but can delete data, how do we stop the deletion of data.

The end user has been told to use the 'copy and create ' method for changes so that the history is kept but could delete the data bu using the 'dustbin' delete icon.

P_ORGIN has ben set as * so that when changes to the data are made there is an automatic delimit end date set on the previous data, If P_ORGIN is set as E,M,R,S, then the delete action is stopped but the delimit date is not put on to any changes.

We don't use 'locking and unlocking of rercords for HR we operate update as * which measn includes all other auth levels simultaneously

IS the delete icon just part of PA30, ot can this be 'hidden ,removed for certain users ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

You are bang on target here. Delete Button is a part of PA30 and is SAP Standard. You can hide it by Screen modification or triggering a transaction variant everytime you hit PA30, but this will be applicable for all in the system.

Nevertheless if an user doesn't have W in AUTHC field of P_ORGIN then delimit, change, delete; none of the operations can be performed.

If this requirement is very important then I am afraid it can't be controlled from Security or by any standard means. You can go for a custom t-code ZPA30, where you can definitely hide Delete button if you want to. This T-code can be provided to Administrators whereas you guys can continue with standard PA30.

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks,

Deb

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

You are bang on target here. Delete Button is a part of PA30 and is SAP Standard. You can hide it by Screen modification or triggering a transaction variant everytime you hit PA30, but this will be applicable for all in the system.

Nevertheless if an user doesn't have W in AUTHC field of P_ORGIN then delimit, change, delete; none of the operations can be performed.

If this requirement is very important then I am afraid it can't be controlled from Security or by any standard means. You can go for a custom t-code ZPA30, where you can definitely hide Delete button if you want to. This T-code can be provided to Administrators whereas you guys can continue with standard PA30.

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you really want to give display of the master to the user you can do it with pa20 tcode

If you can give desired authorization to pa30 by checking values of P_ORGIN authorization object.Discuss with basis admin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me the role of Basis Admin here?

0 Kudos

Sir,

Sorry..Got the issue wrong,,thank you for correcting me

Edited by: shahnas s on Jan 12, 2012 12:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deb,

I thought that was the case, its good to have it confirmed

many thanks

Debbie