cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender and receiver channel parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a flat file to flat file scnario. I need to remove the first two lines and last two lines from the flat file and send it to ECC via PI

The flat file looks like this

%802 750285 7502857 7502

%JHKJ UYOU 99 9090

dfafds 2255425 4545 sdfs fsdfsdf dsffs fsfda sfsf

rewre ewrewr wetwt wtwtw

%iuoi iuipo

%7878 8787

so i need to remove the first two lines (starts with % symbol) and last two lines (starts with % symbol) and convert back to flat file and send it to ECC.

I have created the data types as

Source Data type

DT_Source

Header 1..1

Header1

Header2

Recordset 1.. Unbounded

Record 1.1

Trailer 1...1

Trailer1

Trailer2

Target Data type

DT_Target

Recordset 1.. unbounded

Record 1.1

Could you plz let me know the sender and receiver channel parameters

Regards,

Vai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First few lines of the file can be truncated using the option Document Offset of the content conversion...

but you cannot truncate the lines at the end of the file so you have to handle this at mapping level as specified above..

HTH

Rajesh

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaigai,

Grzegorz is right.

You can read all the flat file and remove the first two and last two lines using a mapping.

Check this link. There are some content conversion parameters in the sender file adapter that can be helpful

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm]

Regards,

Diego Estanguini Gabriel

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first step you made is fine. Now use Content Conversion in your Sender Communication Channel to map the flat file structure to XML for further processing. Finally, use your Message Mapping to filter the data being passed to your Receiver System.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz