cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing external command to be adapted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am migrating an R/3 system from AIX tio Linux with a new distributed architecture. On AIX, this is a central instance located on the same server than other non-sap tools. On the new architecture, the non-SAP tools are installed on a different server than SAP instances. Then, some external commands (SM69) need to be adapted to execute the command remotely.

I already change the Operating System from AIX to Linux in SM69. I created an RFC in SM59 which points to the non-SAP server.

When I launch the SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE function, I receive the exception PROGRAM_START_ERROR.

Some questions come to me... Is there anything to do on remote server to allow this function, like account creation, ssh configuration... ? What is mandatory in RFC destination and External Command defintions ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a gateway installed on the remote system also?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no SAP component on the remote server.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no SAP component on the remote server.

If you want to talk "SAP" to a remote system, it needs to be accessible by the SAP application - which is done by installing a gateway on the remote system.

Another approach could be that you call a shell script on the local server which then in turn uses ssh to call the script on the remote machine.

Markus