cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1 Error: transaction type SMIN has already been included in the categoriz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm getting the following error while running a program AI_CRM_CREATE_CAT_SCHEMA:

Error: transaction type SMIN has already been included in the categorization schema - SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE.

Please remove SMIN from application area of SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE and then run this report again.

Can you please advice how to resolve this?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

I am not sure if you guys found the solution but you could simple use note 1956609 - ITSM 'Activate Categorization Scheme' returns "Error: transaction type SMIN has already be...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I invite the colleagues that if they do not have a solid answer to a question, please do not bother on answering it.   Even the guide does not say how to get rid of that error.  The guide on page 17 says "Please ensure that there is no active categorization schema for the transaction types listed above before you run the report".   Well, how do you do that?   Also the guide says to create a version of the schema, and release that new schema, but that still does not work.  You go into the new schema version to delete all entries related to SMIN, but even after that you still get the same error trying to run the report AI_CRM_CREATE_CAT_SCHEMA.

I am writting all this because from the answers above:

Answer 1, the SAP Note:  They do not mention anything about schema.

Aswer 2 and 3.                 Already answered.  The implementation guide does not help as mentioned above.

Answer 4.                        This error has nothing to do with copying SMIN into ZMIN.

Please accept my complaint and do not get offended.  We all know we are trying to help one another, although it is nicer to save time getting to the correct answer faster.

Thanks,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is true!

Thank for answer!

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

That is true! I am in agreement with Juan's Answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to this guide:

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000409472011E

Mulitlevel Categorization, page 9

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

you need first the change SMIN to ZMIN

check it

in solman_setuo - IT service management

Naor

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should check SAP Note 1567003 - Making the Transition to Solution Manager 7.10 Incident Management

The information in here may relate to teh erro r you are having.

Regards,

Paul

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

HI

please check the guide

Application Incident Management: Configuration/Upgrade Guide. in the market solution manager 7.1

and let me now what is the solution

Naor